Monday, June 27, 2011

We’re Home!

We were discharged from the hospital around 11:00 this morning and it felt so good to get out of there and be on our way home!  We had a wonderful hospital stay, the nurses were all wonderful, and it was nice to have the nursery staff available when we needed to rest…but we were definitely ready to get home and start living life as a family of 4! 

137

138

Maisy seemed to love the car ride, she slept the whole entire way home, even through us stopping to get my prescriptions filled and pick up something for lunch.  Once we got home we all rested before Big Brother made his BIG Appearance!  I know he was SO excited to get to come home today and be with all of us again, so I was totally prepared for his energy level to be high.  And high it was:

Before he put on this show, he had us bring her to all different places in the house…of course he wanted her to lay in her crib that he has spent so much time making just perfect for her:

142

He wanted to lay in there with her, but we figured the floor would be a better place for us to facilitate this, so to the floor we went:

144

148

Then he wanted her to watch Blue’s Clue’s with him, so we set her up in her very own “Thinking Chair”!

152

So we’ve spent the evening just figuring out what our new normal will be like.  Maisy is eating great and sleeping in between or spending time in the playpen.  (I know you guys are looking at these next few pictures thinking…so much for not liking all the pink!  haha, what can I say, it looks good on her!)

154

157

Ryder is so excited to have her home and everything is going very smooth.  Hopefully our first night at home won’t be too eventful!  A nice peaceful night filled with lots of sleep would be wonderful…okay I won’t press my luck! 

10 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

You found the chair, yay!!!! lol I love all the pink and you're right, it looks SO good on her too ;) Hope you guys have a great first night at home together as a family of four! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Ryder was SOOOOO happy to finally have Maisy OUT of your tummy... bet he didn't even notice his clean house lol... When things are calm...let me know... that baby has yet to see Aunt B... and as Ryder says.... "she can't WAIT to have Aunt B kiss her WHOLE face!!" I simply Must take care of that IN PERSON.... muhself! tyvm She DOES look fabulous in PINK... (see, it grows on ya) ;)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Omh my gosh, LOL love that he starts singing the batman song! He is excited :) It looks like you guys have settled in at home just perfectly!!! I love all the pink on her, it looks adorable!

Diana said...

I'm so happy she's home :) Ryder is such a trip, he's already such an amazing big brother and Maisy is going to adore him! Pink is definitely Maisy ;) I need to get my hands on her!

Anonymous said...

The Ryder show was adorable! I'm gld you are at home in your comfy house with your 3 loves.
Elaine

Nicki said...

I was absolutely saying to myself "wow I see a lot of pink in these pictures!!" then I got to the part where you mentioned it, haha. I told you that you'd convert to the pink side ;). Looks like your first day at home was great, I know what a great feeling it is to just be home with both of your babies! Hope your first night went well, can't wait to see her again!

Emily W said...

I love all the pink! I love that kind of thinking chair too. Those papasons are great! Ryder looks like he is loving his role of big brother and doing it so well!

Mandi said...

She is just too cute! I'm glad you guys are home and settled in!

Theresa said...

Hey there, Maisy is just adorable and the video of Ryder was too cute!!! I remember when I brought Melissa home from the hospital. Harley and Derek were so excited to show her how good of a big sister and brother they were going to be to her!!!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL first night at home with your family of 4!!!!

Princess Alexa's Mommy said...

OMGGGG Brandy!! I seriously have not been on the blog in weeks, but I hope you got my "good luck" text when you had Maisy. Ok, congrats, congrats, congrats! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I'm lovin all the PINK! The pictures of Maisy and Ryder seriously melt my heart! I hope you all are doing well! I'm going to talk to Diana about planning a day for us to come see you!