Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day

FathersDayCollage2

To the one who makes our world go round!

Some of my favorite Father & Son moments:

Bear hugs – Ryder asks Alan “Daddy do you want a bear hug” probably 10 times a day.  The answer never changes “I ALWAYS want a bear hug buddy”.

“Daddy, we missed you!” Ryder used to say “Daddy, Ryder missed you” but now he has changed it to “we”.  Alan says “who’s we?? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?” which always makes me & Ryder laugh.

Ted Nugent – This would be who Daddy & Ryder listen to in the car.  Ryder bops his head, plays the air guitar and yells “I got you in da strangle hold bay-bayyyyyyy!”

Cuddling – Ryder knows that Daddy is the softy so whenever he wants a little extra time before bedtime he’ll say “Daddy, do you want to cuddle??” obviously Alan can’t turn that down.

Things he would only learn from Daddy:  “Loud Pipes Save Lives!”, “Shake it more than twice you’re playing with it!”, and how to save your money for really IMPORTANT things.  Ryder has 3 piggy banks and Alan told him that as soon as they are all full he will take him to buy a 4-wheeler.  So every time Ryder puts money in a piggy bank he says “Momma, you can’t WAIT to see my 4-wheeler!”

The relationship these two have melts my heart, I can’t even imagine how much more it will turn to mush when there’s a Daddy’s girl in the picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan MAYYYYYY have heard Aunt B~ saying "you got a mouse in your pocket?" all his life... but idk! :D ;) Anyways...it warms my heart to see Alan and Ryder interacting... I'm soooo very proud of all of you, you are just a model family, seriously...and I pray that nothing ever happens in your lives that would change that! And now... just DAYS away from becoming THEEEE PERFECTLY rounded family... mom, dad, boy, girl... You all just keep right on putting GOD at the TOP of your life and everything else will fall right into place...Never forget who you are OR where you came from. You all are VERY LOVED! And sooooo blessed! I love all of you, Aunt B~! HUGS!

Emily W said...

awww, happy fathers day to Alan! I loved reading "the things only Alan would teach Ryder!" since part of being a great daddy is just that! I do see more mushiness in your future!

Diana said...

Happy Father's Day to Alan! He's such a good daddy! And Ryder is lucky to have him, and Maisy too :)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Tell Alan I said Happy Father's Day! :) Our boys (and soon girls!) are lucky to have such good daddy's!