Saturday, June 18, 2011

38 Weeks!

My final week of pregnancy!!  I can barely believe it…but here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is officially a little chunkin, at well over six pounds and 19 1/2 inches long.
  • Is also officially considered “full term.” In other words, he or she is STRAIGHT UP FREELOADING from here on out.
  • Is practicing making fists and fetal breathing in anticipation of life outside the womb.

You:

  • Have probably had enough of this magical special time, thank you very much.
  • Backaches, joint aches, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, Braxton-Hicks contractions, painful kicks, bladder pressure, stretch marks, itchy skin, swollen ankles, fatigue, dry mouth, mood swings, did I miss anything else in this cavalcade of late-pregnancy hilarity?
  • Are alternating between crazy excitement about finally meeting your baby and crazy panic about oh my God, you’re finally going to meet your baby and they’re going to expect that you take it home and like, keep it alive and stuff.

She totally just laid out any complaint I could possibly have, so I’ll just say DITTO!  I finally packed a little hospital bag for Maisy and I plan to pack mine this weekend.  I know, I can’t believe I’ve waited until the last minute, but I guess having a planned c-section date gave me this mental block that I’ll be good as long as I have it done by then! 

I had a sonogram on Wednesday and everything is still looking great with Maisy.  They mentioned her abdomen being large again but brushed it off that she’s just a big baby, so I’m hoping it’s nothing to be concerned about.  They estimated her weight this week at 7 pounds 8 ounces and said that based on that she’d probably be just over 8 pounds at birth.  I can’t wait to see how accurate that is! 

At my weekly check-up my blood pressure was good, her heartrate was good, and I gained 2 pounds bringing me to a total of 24 pounds.  We went over all the details of the surgery and I’m starting to get a little nervous.  I had absolutely no complaints about my c-section with Ryder, so I’m just trying to think about how smooth that went and pray for the same this time around. 

Ryder went to my appointment with me and got very protective when the Doctor checked Maisy’s heartbeat.  I told him to listen because the doctor was going to find Maisy and he would be able to hear her in Mommy’s tummy.  As soon as he heard the heartbeat sound, he came over to the doctor with a very concerned and serious look on his face and said “dat’s enough….DAT’S ENOUGH!!!!”  I don’t know if he thought maybe the wand was hurting me or hurting Maisy but whatever his issue was he was going to put a stop to it! 

ONE MORE WEEK!!!!  (sorry no picture today! I’ll make sure to take one more before I have her.)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

So excited for Friday to get here! Can't wait to see those first pictures of Maisy!! 5 more days...you can do this!! :)

The Vathes Family said...

You're almost there!!!! I am so excited for you. Hang in there and get as much rest as you can (I know that's so much easier said than done)
Ryder is so sweet, I can't wait to see how protective he will be with Maisy!

Kris said...

Oh my, Ryder is so cute, lol.
I can't wait to meet her! See you Friiiiiidaaayyyy!! :) xoxo