Saturday, June 25, 2011

Maisy’s First Day of Life

Thanks so much to Nicki & Mandi for keeping the blog updated yesterday (I really can’t get over that baby picture comparison…wow!!)  I know there were a lot of people anxiously awaiting the details so thanks to everyone for all the sweet comments and texts!

Yesterday morning was very nerve-wracking as we waited for the surgery to happen and then waited for it to get over with so we could meet our baby girl!  Of course once she entered the world, nothing else seemed to matter.  She made a few noises when she came out, then let out one good cry, then went back to sleep on the table as they cleaned her and weighed her.

DSC01967 

Then Daddy got to hold her and I just watched as they had their first little bonding moment together.  I was in surgery from 7:30-9:30 then finally it was off to recovery.  Once settled there, they brought Maisy to me so we could attempt our first breastfeeding.  But not before getting kisses from Yaya & Nana!

DSC01973

DSC01974

Breastfeeding went so well and continued throughout the day & night lastnight, I’m really thankful that she has taken to it so well and I’m loving all the bonding time it gives us together.

DSC01970

DSC01971

 DSC01987

Obviously I’m head over heels in love with this little girl, my sweet Maisy!  I don’t think I’m the only one either:

DSC01978

 DSC01980

DSC01983

She got lots of visitors yesterday:

DSC02004

 DSC02006

 DSC02041

DSC02044

Including a very special visit from a very excited “Big Brother In Charge!”

DSC02030

(he’s showing off his muscles because he’s going to protect her he says!)

As soon as he came in the room and saw me holding the baby he started yelling “Maisy comed out! Maisy comed out Momma!”  Then he said “so where is dose presents Maisy got for Ryder?”  LOL so it was on to his special big brother present which he was very excited about and he made an appoint to tell Maisy thank you.  It was nice to have both of our kids together in the same room, and we even got to have our first story time!

DSC02018

DSC02020

And then Ryder got to hold his baby sister for the very first time with help from Nana.

DSC02033

 DSC02036

Excuse me for a second while my heart melts!  Once Nana was holding her, he walked over and gave her a few kisses:

DSC02024

And then proceeded to say “okay Nana, give that back to Mama now!”

So that was Maisy’s first day…I hope she feels surrounded by love because she definitely is! 

Such a sweet, sweet girl!

DSC02047

8 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh Brandy, she's so beautiful and it looks like a perfect first day!! You look great and the pictures of Ryder with her are so precious. I can't wait to come see you guys today! :)

The Gimmel Family said...

Looks like everyone is doing great with Maisy. She is such a cutie, it's amazing how much she looks like that picture of you!! I bet your mom was having dejavu!! I hope I get to see her soon. Gotta get a hold of those cheeks!

Patty B said...

She's absolutely beautiful! So happy for you all!!

Mandi said...

You look so beautiful! And, she's adorable! I love the brother sister bonding moments!! Can't wait to meet her! :)

Anonymous said...

Those Cheeks are just WAITIN for me to kiss her WHOLE face (like I do Ryders!)...*waiting ever so patiently!* See you guys when you get home...I sooo wanna hear what Ryder has to say about his clean house and room...lol Aunt B will be the Bomb! *winks* :) (wooo whoooooo!!! A pink baby Finally!!!!!)

Emily W said...

Well, we see where she gets that beautiful full head of hair from. Your hair looks so gorgeous after having a baby! It looked like a wonderful first day for her and Ryder is so sweet with her. Of course he is!!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

It was SOOO good seeing her and you guys! She's beautiful and you looked great! Thanks for letting us come up and stay as long as we did :)

Anonymous said...

That totally melted my heart. Your kids are beautiful together. I hope I get to visit you sometime soon. It was so wonderful of you to visit me in the hospital! I'm really really happy for you.
Elaine