Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Everyday Life

Since we’ve been home, we’ve been settling in trying to get into the routine of every day life.  And really wishing that every day life meant all four of us getting to be home spending every day together!  We’re thoroughly enjoying this special time we have. 

166 168

I’ve taken so many pictures of Alan & Maisy’s cuddle time but it’s just so sweet to me!  Alan relaxes her, as soon as he gets his hands on her she looks into his eyes and her eyes get all heavy and before you know it she’s snuggling herself into his chest making herself comfortable. 

All of her other naps she takes in her playpen and she sleeps in the bassinet next to me at night, so don’t worry we’re not spoiling her and holding her all day long…but there’s no way I can take her from Daddy when they are both so comfy!  So these moments are the exception to the rule, we’re allowed to have those!

Ryder got a grab-bag of presents from Re-Re for being such a good big brother, he gets to pick one present a day…he loves this so much and looks forward to picking his present.  It makes him feel so special and gives us a chance to tell him each day what a great brother he is being.

186

558

160 192

He’s a lucky boy…He has some people in his life that care about him so much, we appreciate them more than they know!!  Ryder really is being a great brother though, so he definitely deserves all his little goodies he’s getting (in his grab bag AND all the stuff he came home from the hospital with!).

178

 179

185

He loves to put the boppy around him and hold Maisy.  And he always suggests what we should do with her “Momma, we should probably put her in da playpen now!” or “Momma, I stank she wants to swang”.  Then he’ll just randomly come by and check in on her.  We’ve only had one incident where he was singing to her, which always means he waves his hand all around and he got to close to her face and hit her with his fingers.  She cried which made him cry but it was an accident so we all recovered just fine!

163

Yesterday Maisy had her first doctors appointment so I got to dress her in her first leaving the house outfit, which was a size Newborn and it barely fit!  The appointment went well, she had lost 10% of her birth weight before we left the hospital and was down to 7lbs 10oz.  So they wanted to make sure she gained once my milk came in, which she did, she was up to 7lbs 13.5oz yesterday.  She has already grown to 22 inches and her head is 1cm bigger already too!  They checked her Jaundice levels again and are supposed to be calling me today with the results. They were borderline when we left the hospital, hopefully they are normal now. **Update since I forgot to post this earlier…they called and said they LOST her bloodwork!  We had to pack up the car and take her to the hospital to get her blood taken because they needed to know the level today since this is the day that Jaundice peaks.  Luckily it was normal and we were sent home…**

165

We had our first visitors at home lastnight.  CJ, Angela, and Carter came over and brought us dinner which was SO nice!  I’m trying not to “overdo” things, so having dinner delivered was greatly appreciated :)  But trying to play with the boys and keep them from fighting over sharing was a little overwhelming, I ended up picking Ryder up at one point out of instinct which HURT and now I’m extra sore today, so I need to remember to not do things like that!

172

I’m healing well though, every day I feel a little better, but the healing process is definitely slower this time around.  They said it would be since this is my second c-section, plus I’m at home with a toddler and it’s hard not to do things for him.  But Alan has been like Super Dad around here this week and I appreciate him SO MUCH for everything he’s doing to lighten my load! 

So…that’s every day life for us right now…

5 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm glad that her jaunice level came back just fine but I know that was such an inconvenience to go back to the hospital! Love her picture with Ryder, he looks like such a big boy with her in his lap :)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Thanks for letting us come over & hang out :) We loved seeing you guys and Maisy, even though I know it wore you out! Im so glad her jaundice levels are normal and she is gaining her weight back! Your doing a great job so far, you're going to have to give me tips once Callie comes!

Patty B said...

This post makes me want to get my hands on her so bad! I can't wait to meet her!

Diana said...

Alan looks good in pink ;) It was good talking to you last night and catching up! I'm so glad everyone is doing so well :)

Mandi said...

I am just catching up on blogs, lol. I'm glad everything is going well. Hopefully I'll get to meet Maisy very soon! Rest up and feel better momma!