Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good-Bye’s

I don’t like good-bye’s at all!  It’s so sad to say good-bye to someone knowing that you’ll never see them again, especially when they have played such a huge part in your life.  But, today we had to say good-bye to Miss Erin.  Of course it was emotional for me, I just can’t think of how thankful I am for her and everything she has done for Ryder without tearing up, so I knew that our last therapy session with her would be hard.  She has been working on teaching Ryder how to jump with both feet at one time which he proceeded to do about 20 times today!  Even that made me emotional because she was so proud of him and it was just another example of how many milestones she has helped him accomplish.  I know that he would not have come as far as he has in his recovery without her, so I’m thankful that God put her in our lives when Ryder could benefit the most. 

543

She had a special present for Ryder that she gave him before we left.  She made him a green (his favorite color!) box with the sweetest poem on the outside, a personal note from her on the inside, and filled it with lollipops (his favorite, of course!). 

546 

550

Listen to the Musn’ts child,

Listen to the Don’ts,

Listen to the Shouldn’ts,

The Impossibles, the Wont’s

Listen to the Never Haves

Then Listen close to me -

Anything can happen child, anything can be!

548

We have our first session with Ryder’s new therapist on Tuesday and then the next Thursday he will get to see Miss Erin one last time with Daddy.  We introduced him to Miss Stacey today and she told him how excited she was that he was going to come play with her next week.  I finally broke the news to him that Miss Erin was moving and that he would be seeing Miss Stacey now.  He didn’t have much to say, until about an hour later he said “Mom, lets talk about dat”.  I said “talk about what Ryder?” he said “Miss Erin moving”.  So we talked about it again, and tonight we prayed for her and her move. So we’re easing our way into the transition.  I’m sure he’ll handle it like a champ (better than his Momma for sure!). 

Onto another goodbye…we came home to find that H2 lives no more…we thought about getting an H3 and still telling Ryder it was the original Hummer, BUT then we figured we’d better spare the poor fish it’s life.  Obviously we are not cut out to be fish owners.  Daddy is working on a plan to get rid of H2 (who is currently “sleeping”) and figure out just what to tell Ryder about the empty tank when it’s all said and done.  

5 comments:

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Okay, that made me tear up! What a sweet poem! Even though I know she will be greatly missed, I know Ryder will continue to thrive with Stacey!

Too bad about poor H2, LOL!

Diana said...

Miss Erin leaving made me tear up too! That's so cute that Ryder told you that you needed to talk about dat lol. He's so sweet. That poem is so cute! Tell Alan to flush H2 down the potty and tell Ryder he missed his mommy and daddy and had to go back to see them :)

The Vathes Family said...

What a sweet poem. You guys are so blessed to have so many great doctors in your lives!!! I'm sure Stacey will be just as great. Sorry to hear about H2 also :(

Nicki said...

I kept wondering why you weren't updating, then realized that DUH... I wasn't following the new blog! Geez! Then I was reading your blog and thought your TRUCK died, haha...Mommy brain in full effect over here. Yikes. Loved the gift from Miss Erin - you can tell she really loved him! :)

Emily W said...

She does seem pretty amazing...she has to be to be so thoughtful to give him a gift like that! The poem was so beautiful. I totally see how this is hard for you! Sorry about the fish. I think you are dealing with the exact reason of why I do not want to own a fish! I knew I would kill it and am not prepared to have death enter Bradley's world yet on a personal level. RIP H2!