Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Slight Change of Plans

Well it looks like Maisy is going to have a new birthday!  The Doctors office called me yesterday and said that my Doctor is going to be out of town for my original c-section date of June 24th.  Of course I panicked because I have made so many plans based around this date (which I realize is ridiculous because most people don’t get that luxury!), and also because my Doctor didn’t get to deliver Ryder since they had to send me to Richmond where his Doctor’s were.  I really didn’t want to have another delivery with a Doctor who I had never met.  Luckily at my appointment today I was able to talk to him and we decided to move the c-section up a few days so that he can do it before he leaves.  Her Birthday will now be June 22nd!  Unless of course anything changes before then!

Speaking of Doctors appointments, nothing too exciting today.  This weeks sonogram was so fast, they just checked her organs and her blood flow and sent me on my way.  No pictures, no sneak peeks at the baby girl, just the boring stuff.  But atleast she’s still doing good, I can’t ask for anything better than that.  Over at my doctor I got on the scale and didn’t gain any weight since my last appointment 2 weeks ago.  That leaves me at a total gain so far of 19 pounds.  But my stomach has definitely grown and is now measuring at 36 weeks which is just over 3 weeks ahead of schedule.

Atleast I get to have her 2 days sooner now, every little bit helps :)  I’m just a little nervous about having a Wednesday child, Friday sounded like a way better deal!  Does this poem seem to ring true for anyone? 

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good in every way.

I’m not superstitious at all, but when you’re pregnant sometimes you wonder about those old wives tales when everything is such a mystery.  Now all I can think is, I don’t want her to be sad and “full of woe”!

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Haha, i've never heard of that....BUT Mikayla was born on a Wednesday. I wouldn't say she's full of woe but definitely full of SOMETHING! lol...drama???? :)

The Steinhauser's said...

I have to agree with Nicki on this one lol. Carter was born on a Wednesday too and he definitely full of spunk, drama, personality, etc! Keeps this momma on her toes for sure ;)

The Baldwin Family said...

Luke was also a Wednesday baby and is so not full of woe!

Diana said...

I just moved "Maisy's Birthday" on my calendar from the 24th to the 22nd :) Bryce was born on a Wednesday too! So funny!

Caleb's mom said...

Caleb and jake were born on mondays! I guess they are fair if face :) I can't wait for June 22nd!