Friday, May 13, 2011

33 Weeks!

Has another week seriously gone by already??  Here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Weighs over four pounds and is 17 inches long.
  • The skeleton is hardening, except for the skull, which will remain soft and flexible to allow it to fit through the birth canal, and also to grow and allow adequate space for your baby’s enormously brilliant brain.
  • Kicks and movements are practically visible from space now, and you may look down and realize that your belly is no longer round, but pointed, as a knee or elbow stretches out for a few seconds before disappearing beneath the surface again.

You:

  • Are big. Yes. And the whole world may suddenly seem like it’s got an opinion about when you’ll go into labor, and it TOTALLY DOESN’T CARE that you aren’t even full-term yet, it thinks you’ve dropped and popped and are going to give birth in like, two weeks. Tell it to shut the hell up with my blessings.
  • May be waddling more than walking, and misjudging your circumference as you bump into counters and knock things over on tables.

I can’t stop laughing about the last two things because they could not be more true!  I’m definitely in that stage of pregnancy where everyone who sees me makes a comment about how I’m about to have the baby RIGHT THEN.  Even after I tell them no, that in fact I still have until the end of June, they insist that I will never make it.  As if I’m not getting a sonogram every single week that confirms week after week that (God willing) I really do have 6 weeks left.  I can’t blame them though, I know that I carry way out in the front, it’s nothing new, and even I don’t realize how far this thing is really sticking out.  Until I get it too close to the stove, or bump into every corner I turn, or even worse, when I bump my belly into other people on accident!  Sometimes even I wonder how it will continue to grow for another 6 weeks, but God knew what he was doing when he decided that it took that long for a baby to be ready to come out into the world, and that a woman’s body is that amazing that even when she thinks she can’t get one inch bigger, she does! 

So here’s to the next 6 weeks!

33 Weeks (3)

4 comments:

Emily W said...

Smile for your next photo please!! You must be trying to portray how uncomfortable you are! Hang in there. These 6 weeks will fly by!

The Baldwin Family said...

Your face is hysterical. Definitely not the typical big Brandy smile that I'm accustomed to :) Hang in there girl!

Nicki said...

I agree! Where is that smile?? haha. The next 6 weeks will go just as fast as the first 33 have! If I can hang in there, you can too ;)

Caleb's mom said...

You look beautiful! I dont know why people make those comments, but i think most of them get them or the opposite> hang in there! we are a great group of baby makers. i cant wait to see the little cutie.