Friday, May 27, 2011

35 Weeks!

Here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is over five pounds now, although these weight guesstimates will start getting very useless very quickly over the next few weeks.
  • Since most of your baby’s organs are fully functional and major developmental milestones behind him or her, the next month is all about weight gain. And since “normal” weights for newborns these days can be anything between six and 10 pounds, it’s hard to predict how big YOUR baby will be from here on in.

You:

  • Are the very picture of motherly grace and beauty. Also: waddling.
  • Fatigue may be a big problem right now. You may need a daily nap, or find yourself crawling into bed by 9 pm. (I can barely make it to my toddler’s 8:30 bedtime most nights.) And while I’ve always seethed at people who love to cheerfully remind pregnant women to “Get some sleep! Once the baby’s here you won’t get any sleep!” I have to say…dude, get some sleep.

I’m feeling pretty good this week, considering I’m carrying around a baby the size that some people have at full-term!  I can feel my back arching and my stomach swaying side to side as I walk.  Luckily my back pain has been completely gone for a few weeks, thank God! 

I’m getting out of breath really easily these days.  Sometimes I just stand up and feel winded!  But then there are times that I get a burst of energy and don’t get short of breath at all, it’s strange.

I can definitely tell Maisy is running out of room in there.  Her movements now are all nudges and attempts to stretch, no more dancing and rolling around like she used to love to do.  I’m really getting so anxious to meet her and start learning all her little quirks and her little personality.

Next week I’ll start having weekly appointments with the OB and they will start to check me for dilation and all that fun stuff!  She’s going to be here before we know it!

Here we are at 35 weeks:

35 Weeks (2)

1 comment:

The Baldwin Family said...

Love your shirt! You're so cute!