Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Checking In on Maisy

31 Weeks (18)

There’s the sweet little babe, just resting and making herself comfortable in Mommy’s tummy!  Her estimated weight this time was 4 pounds 10 ounces!!  I can’t believe she is that big already, Ryder was only a pound heavier than that when we brought him home!  It’s going to be so different having a baby with some meat on her bones!  Everything is still looking great with her kidneys and the blood flow in her brain. 

I can’t tell you how relieving it is to get good news at each of these appointments.  It’s SO different this time and I’m so thankful to be able to experience what it’s like to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.  This is the exact time with Ryder that we were leaving appointments crying, listening to terrifying statistics, wondering about the health of our unborn child, and praying our hearts out!  To be on the other end of it now and living in our happy ending is the most unexplainable feeling, it can make me laugh and cry all at the same time.  All I can say is that I don’t know what I would do without Ryder and that I thank God every day that his amazing little self is here with us to spend our lives with.  What a blessing he is to us, I can’t wait to meet his little sister and have my heart stolen all over again. 

Sorry I’m getting all sappy, but just being in this time of the pregnancy brings back so many horrible memories, but then makes me overjoyed by the outcome, and then SO thankful at our current situation and how smooth it’s all going.  God is so good!  And of course this song keeps coming on the radio and making me all emotional, I love it so much and had to share:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one emotional these days...you all have SOOOO very much to be thankful for... ENJOY your happy lil family and everything God is blessing you with right now! I'm so so proud of all of you and I love you all to pieces! Aunt B! xoxo
PS cute sign on Maisy's door! ;)

Nicki said...

What a sweet picture of a sweet baby girl!! I'm so glad you're able to truly experience and enjoy this pregnancy and that soon you'll have your two perfect babies at home!

The Steinhauser Family said...

I am SO happy that this pregnancy is going to good and that Maisy is healthy and strong! I remember how scary that was with Ryder and how stressful it was. He is a true blessing!

The Vathes Family said...

Ahh what a beautiful little face and song!! I know how relieving it is to hear good news after each appointment, I'm so happy this pregnancy has gone so smooth for you!! Can't wait to meet Ryder's little sister too =))

Liz said...

Maisy looks so great all cozy in her Mommy's belly. So happy for you that this go round is better. You are such a strong Mommy!

Jamie Claudia said...

Such a sweet, gorgeous little face already.. just like her Momma :) So happy for you guys especially since this pregnancy is much more smoothly.. God is so great and I know I can't wait to meet the new addition!!!