Tuesday, May 17, 2011

More Monster Talk

I get Ryder out of the bath, dry him off, and he takes off running to his room yelling “Ryder’s nakey boy Daddy!!!”  He takes a seat on the carpet, which I’m sure felt great on his bare behind, and Mommy waddles in the room slowly after him.  I start picking out his pajamas as he starts a conversation about what else but…his Monster! 

Ryder: Ryder’s Monster’s poking out Mommy!  You see it??

Me: Yes Ryder, I see it.

Ryder: It’s poking out like Mommy’s belly button!

Me: Thank you for that comparison buddy.

Ryder: Ryder’s Monster has a hole in it, you see it Mommy??

Me: Yes, it sure does.

Daddy hears our conversation in the kitchen over the monitor and busts out laughing.  In the meantime Ryder picks up his measuring tape.

Me: Ryder, WHAT are you doing??

Ryder: Measuring da Monster.  IT’S TEN INCHES!!!!

Oh.My.Goodness…Did he really just say that?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Marsh Tradition perhaps???? lmao I WOODn't err WOULDN'T know... :)

The Vathes Family said...

I'm not even gonna ask where he gets this stuff (measuring the monster??! LOL) that boy is a trip!! :)

Nicki said...

hahaha....oh boy! So this is what my future conversations with Jax will be like huh? lol..that is so funny!

Diana said...

I love how Ryder refers himself in 3rd person, that is so funny!

Emily W said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!! I bet Alan was proud! ha.