Saturday, February 26, 2011

Monster Jam

Yesterday we took Ryder to his very first Monster Truck show!  I was (of course) worried that it would be too loud for him, but he did great!  Alan kept telling me he would be fine since he likes the sound of Alan’s motorcycle, and he was right.  We spent $20 on the big huge ear muffs and when we put them on him he started yelling “Take Dem OFFFF”.  I guess the little $1 ones I bought him for the pool were enough, and he even took those out half way through.

038

043

Rammunition was our favorite and Ryder kept saying “dats Ryder’s truck!”  Every time they would get into it really loud, Ryder would turn and clench onto Uncle G or Daddy, whoever he was sitting with, until the loud part was over, but he never took his eyes off of them.

 049

Ryder & Daddy especially loved the 4-wheelers & Dirt Bikes! 

 075

 050

083

I’m sure the best thing about the whole night for Ryder was all the goodies he got!  He really loved his monster truck that Daddy bought him (which was filled with cotton candy that he wanted nothing to do with!)

064

And the light up sword that Uncle G bought him on the way out, that he refused to turn off the whole ride home!

094

100

 101

I remember going to stuff like this when I was little and how magical it all was.  Now I realize how much our parents probably had to sacrifice to be able to take us to one of these events…but that they did it because it’s SO worth it to see the joy that it brings to your child’s face!

053

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Awe, he looks like he had such a good time!! I'm glad he loves the noise! Bailey's terrified of anything LOUD, lol!

Nicki said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time, I told you he'd be fine! ;) And I need to teach that boy a thing or two about some cotton candy...mmm, he doesn't know what he's missing out on! haha

The Vathes Family said...

When Nick heard you guys were going there, first words out of his mouth were - I'm taking Madalynn next year HA! Great - looks like I won't have a girly girl after all =( I'm sure she'll be just like Ryder loving Motorcycles and Monster Trucks... guess I should have known this was coming LOL!

Diana said...

Awww YAY! I'm so glad he/y'all had such a good time. I told you he'd be okay :)

Kristen said...

Omg, I'm sure Ryder LOVED it! That's so exciting :)