Friday, February 11, 2011

20 Weeks!

Halfway there!!!  Here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is as big as (depending on which measurements from which pregnancy book you use and of course, Your Produce May Vary) a butternut squash, or as long as a banana, or possibly a carrot. I am getting the sense these comparisons are not really an exact science.
  • Will be measured head-to-toe from this point on, instead of the head-to-rump measurements we’ve used so far. I remember choking on a bagel at 21 weeks last time because HOLY CRAP, MY CHILD JUST GREW FIVE INCHES IN A WEEK.
  • Has a heartbeat that can be heard with just a regular old stethoscope now and not just the fancy doppler.
  • Is swallowing and practicing other digestive skills, and can now produce meconium, which is essentially prenatal poop that sits in the bowels during pregnancy. You’ll see this awesome goopy stuff in person during your baby’s very first diaper change, or possibly even during labor like I did, as some babies like to take their first crap in the womb. Meconium in the fluid in considered a delivery complication, but it’s very common and not terribly dangerous — your doctor will just need to suction your baby’s nose and mouth immediately after delivery to prevent any meconium going into your baby’s lungs with their first breath.

You:

  • Are HALFWAY THERE HALFWAY THERE HALFWAY THERE!
  • Seriously. You are halfway through this pregnancy, which may bring to mind such deep thoughts like: “Yay!” or “Uh-oh” or “Whoa” or “Must. Organize. Kitchen. Cabinets.”

Did I mention that I was halfway there?!  I’m pretty excited about that!  I’m also excited to see baby girl again on Tuesday at my next sonogram.  Then Wednesday I have my next appointment with my OB.  So next week should be full of excitement.  As for this week, things have been pretty laid back.  My stomach feels HUGE and like it is stretched to the max….not sure what that means for the next 20 weeks!  I broke out the maternity jeans today.  Baby girls movements seem to get a little stronger with each week that passes so I’m thoroughly enjoying pressing on my stomach and trying to see if just maybe she’ll kick me back.  I’m so annoying, my poor children.

Here we are at 20 weeks (yes I took self photo’s at Ryder’s therapy yesterday, hope no one saw!)

20weeks (3)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

You're actually farther than 1/2 way now since you don't have to go the full 40 weeks. Just thought I'd throw that out there! ;-) Happy 20 weeks....here's to more discomfort, stretching, aches and pains...at least we can laugh about it, lol - wait, have we laughed about it yet?!

Diana said...

Half way there! YAY YAY YAY!!! :)

Princess Alexa's Mommy said...

You look cute!! :)