Sunday, February 27, 2011

It’s A Big Boy Room!!

Ever since we found out we were pregnant, Daddy & I have had this big plan to move all of the baby stuff out of Ryder’s room and give him a brand new big boy room for his Birthday!  This toy box that the Steinhauser’s got us for Ryder’s baby shower was our inspiration, and I’d say we went a little crazy from there!

156

Ryder loves Harley Davidson, so we knew it would be the perfect theme to go with.  For the past few months we’ve been planning this in our heads (and shopping!) so it was so awesome to finally see it all come together!

168

He got a big boy bed (tonight will be his first time sleeping in it…ahhhh!) and a new Home Depot work bench!  These seem to be the 2 most fascinating parts of his room to him. 

153

  209

Of course I love all the goodies I found online, like the Harley Davidson cork board (which Ryder drew me a picture for today and asked me to hang it up!), a Born to Ride light, a Growth Chart that has a motorcycle you move up as they grow, trash can, hamper, all the fun accessories!

211

214215

216

I really appreciate all the hard work Daddy put into making this room perfect.  He refinished a night stand we had, painted Ryder’s old letters, put together the bed and bookcase, hung everything, and even went to Poppy’s and uninstalled some of their Harley gear to transfer it to our house!

217157 

208

 

176177

224

I decided not to do a dresser so Ryder would have more room to play and went with some plastic drawers in the closet instead.

229213

Ryder fell in love with his bed immediately and has been crawling up to lay in it throughout the day.  I can’t believe he’s such a big boy now that he can have his very own bed!  

 196 199

We absolutely love how the room turned out.  Ryder loves it so that made it all the more exciting!  Now we are just anxiously waiting to see how he does tonight! 

 225

7 comments:

Nicki said...

Brandy, it looks SO good! Everything came together so great. I can't wait to hear how he does in his new bed tonight. :)

McNab Family said...

Love his new BIG BOY room!! All of our kids are growing up so fast!

The Vathes Family said...

AWWW what a great big boy room - you guys did such a good job!!

The Steinhauser Family said...

I just love his new room! It looks SOOO good :) I hope he slept well lastnight!

The Baldwin Family said...

I knew this is what the tease was all about :) Looks awesome! A perfect big boy room.

Diana said...

I absolutely LOVE his new room!!! It looks SOO good!!! You guys did such a good job! I can't wait to hear how he did in his new big boy bed!! I remember seeing that bench at your shower for Ryder :)

Kristen said...

Dude, seriously the COOLEST little boys room EVER! Looks super good!! A++