Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I don’t have any compelling material today, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day.  Me & my 2 Valentine’s have just been enjoying eachother’s company (and all of our yummy chocolate and valentine’s candy) this evening. 

All weekend Ryder has been telling me that his ears hurt and that he “need ta see da docta!”  So I took his word for it, even though he didn’t have a fever or anything and took him to the Doctor this morning.  Sure enough, he had fluid on both of his ears…the craziest part though is that he was already over the infection part.  So our boy toughed it out through a double ear infection and his body was able to fight it off!  Hopefully the fluid will go away soon because it seems like it’s uncomfortable for him.    Is it weird that I get excited to go to Ryder’s Doctor??  They’re all so sweet and we’ve definitely developed relationships over the past 2 years of going there.  Ryder’s Pediatrician and the Nurse Practitioner are both pregnant too and we’re all due around the same time, so it was nice to see them today and get an update!

So, besides a trip to the Doctor, our day and evening has been pretty low key.  This is mine & Alan’s 10th Valentine’s Day together, and our 2nd one with Ryder…every year I can’t imagine loving my Valentine more than I do at that moment, and then somehow another year comes and it’s amazing how much our love has grown.  I hope and pray that we will always stay on that path!

heartcollage

7 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

What do you mean no compelling material... that last part was so sweet! lol Happy vday to you guys - hoping Ryder feels better soon. I look forward to the day when Maddy can tell me what's wrong with her!!

Nicki said...

Happy Valentine's Day Ryder! Love your girlfriend, Mikayla :)

Emily W said...

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! Ryder is tough that he didnt complain of his ears earlier! Hope he gets all better really soon! We didn't do much for Valentine's Day around here either so your not the only ones that just hung out.

The Steinhauser Family said...

Wow, I can't believe he was able to fight off an infection by himself & wasnt miserable! Way to go buddy! Happy VDay to you guys :)

Diana said...

10 Valentine's together? Geez!! And that's awesome Ryder was able to fight off that infection!

Theresa said...

Aww, poor thing, a double ear infection. My youngest two get ear infections and NEVER run a fever, pull at their ears or ANYTHING!!! I hope the fluid goes away FAST!!!!

10 years, wow, that's AWESOME!!!!!! I hope you have 50 more valentines together Brandy!!!! Can't wait to read next year's valentines post b/c you'll have your babygirl to write about also!!!! Take care :-)

Kristen said...

Aww.. I love you guys <3