Friday, February 18, 2011

21 Weeks!

Here’s what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is about 10 1/2 inches long, head to toe.
  • Passes time by sucking his or her thumb and even opening and closing his or her eyes. And you know, elbowing you in the vital organs.
  • Is like, kicking for serious now, and the movements cannot only be felt from the outside, they can often be seen. Lie on your back and watch the weird ripples and dips of baby limbs. (For the full Jurassic Park effect, do this in the tub and watch the water rings vibrate out from your belly.)

You:

  • Are possibly getting accosted in public with unsolicited belly rubs and unsolicited pregnancy advice. I’m not sure which is more annoying.
  • Oh, so THREE of the pregnancy books I use to compile these bullet thingies mentioned that we should all be feeling downright awesome and fabulous right now. Not too big and uncomfortable, lots of energy, able to sleep through the night without peeing, etc. If that describes you, well…LA DEE FRICKING DA. HOW LOVELY THAT MUST BE FOR YOU.

She’s right about the baby passing the time in there sucking her thumb!  That’s exactly what Maisy was doing the whole time we watched her on the sonogram this week.  How sweet!

I had my 4 week check-up on Wednesday and everything is going really well with this pregnancy.  Maisy is growing right on target, and I’m feeling pretty good these days.  It’s nice to finally have some energy back, but I know in a few weeks that will be a thing of the past!  I gained 5 pounds in the past 4 weeks, which brings my total weight gain to 2 pounds.  I know it doesn’t sound like much, but I must just be losing weight other places from carrying around this big belly!  My belly feels so big and stretched out these days, I don’t know how it’s going to handle 18 more weeks.

Maisy has a birth date!  They scheduled my C-Section for June 24th!!  Having an exact date makes things even more real, and makes them seem VERY close!  The only other thing going on is that I have to go get tested for diabetes again sometime before my next appointment.  Fun, fun!

No picture this week, sorry!  I totally forgot to take one and don’t have the energy to go fix that.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

So exciting that she has a birth date now! Can't wait to see her sweet little face. :)

Diana said...

Happy 21 :) Can't wait to meet her!