Sunday, August 29, 2010

Women Of Faith

This weekend I snuck away for 2 days with the “Ladies of Faith” as we were labeled by a man with a megaphone collecting change on the corner…oh how I wish I had a video to share to show you what had us laughing for the entire weekend…or better yet, next time you see Mandi in person, ask her to sing you “Mary Had a Little Lamb” DC style!

WomenOfFaith

Me, Nicki, Mandi, Jen, and Sherry ventured to DC for the Women of Faith conference…it took blood, sweat, and tears (LITERALLY!) to get there, but we are SO glad we went!  I think each of us were extremely blessed by the speakers and the music, it’s an experience that is hard to put into words.  But we are most definitely going back next year, so if you need a little inspiration, join us!  You will laugh HARD, and you will cry, but most importantly you will hear about and feel the love of God so deeply that it will change you.  Thanks for an amazing weekend ladies!

Ryder got to have a little male bonding time with Daddy while I was away, in which he learned that crawling is for sissy’s, how to bob & weave & throw punches, that “ants” get “stomped”, and that his Daddy is the coolest guy on Earth.

I’ll leave you with one last thought brought to you by none other than the man with the megaphone: “Ladies get yo fingers out yo ears…what…you ain’t tryin’ to hear the Gospel?!”

4 comments:

Nicki said...

haha, such a great weekend!! I'm already looking forward to next year :)

Emily W said...

That is so great that you all went to that. I remember going when I was a teenager. I guess I thought I was a woman already, haha!

Mandi said...

So much fun!! "Mary had a little lamb" will never be the same! haha

The Vathes Family said...

Great picture of all of you. I'm sure Ryder loved his male bonding time with his Daddy, too funny!! lol