Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We Have Shoes!!

I’ve been fighting with Ryder for the past few days to let me put a pair of shoes on his feet.  I tried to start simple with just socks, but it didn’t help, he wanted them “offff, offff” because they were “stuck”!  So the shoes didn’t go over any easier.  He has an appointment with the Podiatrist next Thursday (thanks to Jelena…more on that after the appointment), which means that Orthotics are right around the corner, so I knew it was time to get serious about this shoe thing.  Luckily, Nana is better at being serious than I am!  She told me to send shoes over with him every day this week, and she’ll have him wearing shoes by Friday.  Easy enough!  And what do you know…yesterday was Day 1 and this little stinker came home with shoes on his feet that he had on all day long, without fussing once!  Until I got there of course, then all of a sudden his shoes were “stuck”, he needed “help”, he wanted them “offffffff”.  But I didn’t cave and he kept them on all evening too :)

001 007

 016 024

Uh-Oh, time for a meltdown because I wouldn’t let him go “night-night”…look how cute that sad face is! 

025 029

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh my gosh, I love the shoes! He looks like a little toddler standing there with his Jordan's on :).

McNab Family said...

Yah Ryder! I'm so excited to get him in little inserts! Such cute shoes!

Emily W said...

i love his new shoes that go with his shirt! So cool but most of all glad he is walking and you found some help you need for him in that area!