Monday, August 16, 2010

Safe & Sound

Well, me & Alan both made it to where we were going safe & sound, and thankfully we made it home safe & sound, and Ryder was with Nicki…safe & sound!  He had such a great time and I love Nicki for constantly sending me pictures and texts.  After I got the very first one, I knew that he was going to be fine and all of my anxiety went away. 

0814001117

In every picture she sent he had the biggest smile on his face and looked like he was having so much fun!

 0814001222

This was my favorite one she sent me right when he woke up that said Good Morning Mommy!  I woke up happy!

0815000739

And look at this, he even had fun in their Church nursery! (I just noticed that him & Ryan look like twins in their collared shirts!)

0815001033'

OF course I couldn’t wait to come home and check Nicki’s blog because I knew she’d get some cute pictures:

Ryder playing during Mikayla’s gymnastics class:

DSC_3745[3]

Shopping at Target:

   DSC_3795[3]

This is what happens to Ryder’s eyes when he looks at Mikayla!  It’s true love, I’m telling you!

 DSC_3811[3]

DSC_3840[3]

DSC_3816[3] 

 DSC_3841[3]

They are just too cute together!  And from what I hear, Ryder got to see all kinds of friends while he was in MD!  Bailey, Madalynn, Owen, Lance & Ryan…what a lucky guy! 

Since we have been home, Ryder definitely misses his weekend Mama!  He says “Nick” all the time now.  He was asking for Nicki over and over so I pulled up her blog and said “okay Ryder, let me find you a picture of Nicki”, so I showed him and he got the biggest smile.  Later he was saying “nick, nick, nick” and I must have been toning him out, so he grabbed the mouse off the computer desk, started shaking it and said “FIND!”…lol…so I found him another picture.  There must have been some serious bonding going on when he conned her into rocking him to sleep!

0814001344

I can’t tell you how good it makes me feel to know that my boy was safe & sound! Thanks again Nicki, Matteson, and Mikayla!!!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

We miss Ryder too, he'll have to come back soon!! You know you've always got a babysitter with us!!! ;)

The Steinhauser Family said...

I love the "Good Morning Mommy!" picture :) Him and Mikayla are too cute together!!

Emily W said...

Glad everyone enjoyed their weekends safely! It's crazy how our children understand the computer, blog and pictures since we do this. Bradley read Nicki's post with me and kept saying "theres Ryder!" "There he is again!"