Friday, August 13, 2010

Foot Doctor

Let me just start by saying that this blog has been a blessing to me once again!  In one of my rambling posts I mentioned that Ryder would need to see a Doctor to get fitted for Orthotics, my friend and fellow blogger Jelena read that and immediately reached out to me.  The Podiatrist that she works for makes custom orthotics and she was able to get us in right away to get this process started!  She has made everything SO easy, and what a relief that has been to finally have someone who wants to help and has taken the stress completely out of the situation!  So thank you Jelena, seriously “seeyyusy”, from me & Ryder both for giving us this special VIP treatment, you really don’t know how much this means to us!

Okay, now onto the appointment…Dr. Hotchkiss is amazing!  He’s such a nice person and I can tell he’s a great Doctor (and i’m not just saying that because I know that Jelena shows him Ryder’s blog, ha!).  He spent a lot of time with us, he explained everything thoroughly, in language that was easy for us to understand…this was definitely a much different, BETTER, experience than we have had with many of the Doctors we’ve come across in Ryder’s short life time.

So basically, he thinks Ryder is doing great considering everything he has been through.  His feet are definitely pronated so he feels that he would absolutely benefit from orthotics, but he wants us to wait until he is walking more than he’s crawling to do the actual fitting.  He watched Ryder get around for a while and said that the Physical Therapy is the best thing for him right now and he can see how much it is helping, soooo guess what….I told him about our insurance dilemma and this man-sent-from-Heaven is writing us a prescription for 90 more days of therapy that will be listed under a different condition than the first 90 days!!  And after that is over, he said he’ll write another one and another one, lol.  How awesome is that??!!

It was so nice to leave an appointment finally feeling like people cared and had Ryder’s best interest in mind.  That was so refreshing!  I can’t wait to go back and get Ryder fitted for his orthotics…well wait, maybe I can.  They are going to have to do X-rays and make a mold of his feet, he’s going to hate this, but I’ll stress about that when the time comes.  For now I’m just going to pray that the insurance company accepts this script for PT and then enjoy our victory :)

5 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

That's so wonderful!! I've always heard great things about Dr. Hotchkiss from Jeleana so I really didn't expect anything less ;-)

Jamie Claudia said...

W O W.. I'm speechless. Well, not really, but wow. That is so amazing!!! I've been praying for things to work out for PT with Ryder after this whole headache and misery of not knowing how to get more help for Ryder, and now all of our prayers have been answered! Praise the Lord. I'm beyond happy for you, I know what a big stress reliever this must be for you and Alan. Let the victory dance begin ;)

The Steinhauser Family said...

This is SUCH GREAT news!!! I know I already talked to you on the phone about this, but YAY :)

Mandi said...

That's so great Brandy!! It's always nice when people look out for you!

Emily W said...

Thats so cool! Jelena is a sweety! Keep up the good work in therapy Ryder and cant wait to see you walking more!