Friday, October 14, 2011

Ryder’s First Haircut!

Who would have thought that it would be 2.5 years before we ever got our boys haircut.  Ever since I made the appointment I’ve been having anxiety over cutting it and what reaction he would have.  So of course I was picturing him in tears, throwing a fit, and us leaving there with half of a hair cut.  That is hardly how it went down (of course, this always happens!).  As soon as we walked in the door he said “I’m here for my hair cut Aunt Dee!” 

159

161

166

171

SEVEN inches later and not one single tear, we had a haircut!

177

 186

And then it was Daddy’s turn (as you can see in the background!).  Still long hair too, no big shockers here!  Not this time anyway ;-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is always good when first experiences are good ones! I love that big smile he gave after his haircut. Seven inches is incredible and it looks like you could give it to locks of love or something.

Caleb's mom said...

he's so cool!

The Gimmel Family said...

Wow, what a great first step:) A little at a time:)

Nicole said...

You should know by now that Ryder handles any transition well! ;). He looks so handsome!

The Steinhauser's said...

I loved his surprise visit that night! He was such a good boy and I love his haircut! It was also a nice surprise to see you guys on Sunday :) Maisy is so big and she is beautiful just like her momma <3