Monday, October 15, 2012

School Preparations

Today we had a meeting at Ryder’s school with the Pre-K Special Ed coordinator and his Teacher, Miss Emily.  We went over all of the goals they had set for him to accomplish by the end of the school year in June.  I think he’s going to do great!  His little classroom is in a trailer outside of the high school, he calls it “the trailer school!!!” in his country boy accent.  He has been so excited but lastnight he came up to me and said “Mom, I don’t want to go to school anymore, I think I changed my mind”.  Luckily we had the meeting at his school today and now he is super excited and hyped up again!

 

Photo 19

For the first month he’s only going on Thursday’s and Friday’s, then by next month he’ll start full time which is Tuesday – Friday from 8:30am – 2:00pm.  They gave me a school calendar, a school lunch menu, and even a permission slip for his very first fieldtrip to the Pumpkin Patch next Thursday.  I can’t believe this is really happening, my baby boy starting school!

 Photo 14 

We’ve been preparing for this for a few months now.  After we started trying to get him into the program we wanted to get him excited about it, so we took him and let him pick out a book bag.  He picked Spider Man and loved it so much that he insisted on sleeping with it!

5b63fa82-94a2-48ba-ae82-d8ca1dbe0a6b

58e24b44-3536-428a-b208-a48365490c44 

It is currently packed with really random stuff – A hammer in case he needs to fix the roof on the school, pop tarts in case he gets hungry, cars and trucks in case he meets any friends that want to play…it’s loaded down.  At some point before Thursday I need to get him to empty it and pack it with the stuff he really needs (I can feel the argument coming on already).  BUT, today when we got home, there was a package!

032

Photo 21 

It was from Nana!  And it had all the stuff he REALLY does need for school!

Photo 4 

A Cars lunch box, thermos, snack cup, and sandwich holder – everything for Mommy to pack his lunches :)

Photo 6   

And a Jake Pillow and Blanket to take to school with him for nap time!  The Jake pillow was his favorite part, as you can see, that made him really happy.  He calls it his “Jake naptime pillow pal” and he wasted no time taking him to bed to cuddle.

Photo 5  

(Thank you Nana for all that awesome stuff!)

Three more days!!  He’s excited, I’m nervous, Daddy just can’t believe it, Maisy is going to FREAK when that big school bus comes and takes her brother away.  You know I’m not good with change.  But here we go, no turning back, I’ll post about his first day of school on Thursday! :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for Ryder but I already feel anxious for you! haha...we've talked about this day for a long time, and I can't believe you're almost there!! He's going to do great though and your evenings will be full of fun stories from his day! Can't wait to hear how he does. Hang in there Momma, you can do this! :)

The Vathes Family said...

Oh man I bet this is so exciting but also so scary for you. Your baby is going to school, ahhh!!!! lol Sorry, it's hard to believe we're all getting so close to our kids going to shcool. Good luck to all of you, it's gonna be great. Don't you worry :)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

He got a Jake!!!!!! What a nice Nana he has! Everytime we see it in Target Carter says he wants one for Christmas :)