Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ryder’s First Day of School

Ryder woke up SO excited and ready to go to school.  He has made this whole transition so easy because of his excitement!  If he were nervous or afraid, I would have been a wreck, but it couldn’t have been more opposite. 

We got him ready and said goodbye to Daddy.

035

037

Grabbed his book bag and lunch box…

Photo 42

Then took Maisy to Nana’s and said goodbye to her.  He was so funny explaining to her how much she would miss him during the day and how he was sorry that she wasn’t a big girl, but he promised that when she was a big girl he would let her go to school too!

044

We did NOT catch the bus at this point!  I got an email yesterday that the bus only comes around and picks the kids up that live in the “town” but we live in the “county”.  SO apparently next week they will be sending a county car to pick Ryder up for school, this week I will be driving him.  How do you know for SURE you live in the country???  Because a county car comes and picks you up to take you to your trailer school!!

Where was I?  Oh yeah, the drive to school.  He drank half his drink we packed for lunch before we even got to school!

048

We got there at the same time the bus was dropping his classmates off so we walked to the side walk and waited for them.  They immediately came over to Ryder and they all started comparing their super hero book bags!  His class is made up of 8 little boys!  It was definitely friends at first sight.  Ryder said “lets go to school!!” and they all took off toward the trailer school, Ryder in the lead, of course.

Photo 30

Photo 27 

Photo 23 

And that was that!  I followed him to the door, he gave me a hug and kiss and was off to enjoy his day without a flinch!  No tears from Mommy either, nothing sad about him being so happy!  I was pretty anxious all day, I tried to hold out but I did end up emailing his teacher around lunch time.  She wrote back during their nap time and said that Ryder was having a great day and he was having nap time.

I was so excited to pick him up when school was over!

Photo 16

He’s just so grown up now!!

Photo 11 

In the car on the way home he told me all about his day.  He said they had breakfast time, lunch time, nap time, playground time, circle time, but they didn’t have any cartoon time!!  He sang me a song about the days of the week that he learned.  He told me he had good manners and shared with his friends, but he couldn’t remember any of his new friends names!  I asked him if he found the note I wrote him in his lunch bag.  He said “ughhh YESSSSS”.  I said “what’s wrong you didn’t like my note?  Did you have your teacher read it to you?”  He said “Noooo!  I didn’t want her to know it was there!”  I said “well Buddy it was a note from me & Daddy telling you to have a good day.  It was supposed to be a surprise for you to have a note from us.”  He goes “Well, next time just send me a note from Maisy, I think she missed me more anyway!” 

Chopped Liver – that’s me!

Photo 40

I know he was exhausted from his first day of school!  He was yawning before we even got in the car to leave.

Photo 13 

He sat in his recliner when we got home and said he was going to “kick back and relax for a while”.  Re-Re called to check on him and see how his first day was while he was “chillin”.

051         

I even found him all curled up in Maisy’s crib a little while ago! 

Photo 3

His 1st day of school was definitely a success!  He had a great time, is excited to go back, and even got a nice note from his teacher on page 1 of his composition book saying that he had a great day and she was happy to have him in her class!

This is so fun :)

Now that the anxiety and anticipation of that is over, I’m facing dental surgery tomorrow…ahhhhh.  Pray for me.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad his day went so well....the pictures are all great! I loved the one of him hugging Maisy goodbye...sounds like the same conversations I hear Mikayla having with Jax when she can do something that he can't yet, haha. And good luck today.... definitely praying for you! ;)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

That picture of him hugging Maisy is precious! I am SO happy his first day went good! :)