Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Fun!

Friday morning Ryder had his pre-op physical at the Pediatrician’s office.  Everything looks good for him to get his Botox injections on Tuesday, so far anyway (you all know what happened last time he was supposed to get them).  Maisy got 2 shots while we were there, trying to get caught up on her vaccinations.

maisy 

After getting the serious stuff out of the way, we were ready for lots of outdoor action and fun! 

Friday evening we had a surprise visit from Daniel, Ashley, and Bradley.  Ryder was excited to see his cousin and they wasted no time running around the yard, even getting their Daddy’s to join in on the fun.

101

108

Of course Maisy can never be left out of this type of fun, it’s totally her scene!

122

Ohhhh those booty shorts…can’t get enough of them.

127

Our best attempt at a group shot! 

Saturday we went to Owen’s Pirate Birthday party!  It was so fun, unfortunately I had not one but TWO children in and out of the bouncy houses, so I didn’t get to snap one single picture.  Ryder seriously amazed me at how well he was getting around and how fearless he was being.  Last year at this very party he took the safe route and stayed at the sand table the whole time.  This year, different story!  He was climbing, sliding, bouncing…and it didn’t take long for his baby sister to realize she was ready to join in on the fun.  Proof they had a blast:

sleepin1 sleepin2

Good thing they got a nice deep sleep on the ride home because we headed from one party to the next!  My friend/co-worker had us over to her house for a cookout and bonfire and to let the kids play.  All these girls:

161

And Ryder!  The kids had a blast and so did the adults.  Earlier in the day I got a text from a friend I haven’t talked to in way too long asking if me & the kids wanted to hang out, so I invited Madison & Lila to the cookout and I’m so glad they got to come! 

166

174

180

We kept the kids up way past their bedtimes, but they were troopers!  I’m sure the sugar high from the ice cream and s’mores helped with that!

184 188

We were all exhausted today from all of the excitement, but after Church the kids took a 3 hour nap, so that was nice.  I guess Maisy must have missed Ryder while she was sleeping, because when they woke up it was like attack of the baby sister!

200 204

love

This evening we rode back over to Sharon’s to get Alan’s work truck, so Ryder & Sophia decided to jump on the swings.  This is HUGE for Ryder because swings have always been such a huge fear of his (I hope you’re witnessing this Miss Abby!).

swinging

Tucking him in bed tonight and praying with him about the week ahead had me completely choked up.  I’m glad he had such a fun-filled weekend.  I wish all of his days could be this care-free. 

1 comment:

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Aww, Brandy..he is a trooper and will do just fine tomorrow! I love all the pictures, they look like they had a fun weekend filled with friends :) I still can't get over Maisy's craziness, lol... but I've told you that a million times I'm sure!