Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Special Mother’s Day

Maisy Dedication

Today was Mother’s Day, which was special in itself…but what made it even more special was that we dedicated Maisy at Church.  We made a promise to raise her in a Christian home and lead her to God.  Even Ryder agreed, so as a family we’ll do our best to teach her about Jesus, how much He loves her and the sacrifices He made to save her. 

Maisy Dedication 4

Maisy Dedication 5

I was showered with gifts first thing this morning AND coffee in bed!  I love my little family so much, they definitely know how to make me feel so special.

Maisy Dedication 2

Maisy Dedication 3

We do have another child, I just have no idea where he was when we were taking these pictures.  I’m determined to get a family picture of all 4 of us one of these days, hmmm maybe next Mother’s Day!  After Church we went to Alan’s Grandma’s to visit with the family.  We had lots of fun and lots of good food.  It was a great day in so many ways.

bro&sis

I can hardly even put into words what it means being a Mommy to these two beautiful children.  Sometimes when I look at them it takes my breath away.  Their hugs, kisses, laughter, and innocence fill my heart with pure joy.  It’s not always easy…in fact, we all know how hard it is to be a Mom!  But it’s worth every second of the hard times, because the reward is so much greater.  To have these little eyes look at me in love, their little arms reach out to me for comfort, and their little mouths call out my name in need is the most rewarding thing I’ll ever experience in my whole life.  I love being a “Momma”. 

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you Momma’s out there!  Hope you each had a fabulous day, you deserve it!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

She looked beautiful on her special day!!! I'm glad you had a great day with your awesome family...Happy Mothers Day! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day! Glad you got to dedicate Maisy on such a special day. I love baby dedications, we had one today at our church too :) It is wonderful to see families making that decision, that have the faith and love in God like you do! You looked beautiful today for Mothers day. You are an awesome mom and thanks from shouting it out. "It's not easy being a Mom!" but the reward is so worth any negatives of the job!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Happy Mothers Day Friend :) You both looked beautiful for this special day!!!!

The Vathes Family said...

What a beautiful mothers day. You are so blessed Brandy :)