Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh The Craziness…

This weekend was jam-packed with action and fun for us!  First we went to our little cousin Peyton’s first Birthday party.  No pictures but the kids had fun celebrating with him.  Next we headed to The Matteson’s for Jaxon’s 1st Birthday!

317

I really don’t know how this little guy turned a whole year old already, but it happened right before our eyes!  Nicki hosted an awesome 49ers party and we all had a blast. 

316

319

329

 maisy bday party ryder bday party

maisy bday party 2

We were out pretty late that evening, but there was no time to rest the next day because we had even more fun things to do!  We headed over to the highschool to see Daddy and all the other bikes that rode in the Frazier-Mason Memorial Ride.  I love my view looking down at these two in their cool ride:

332

And although it made me nervous, I liked the view of watching these two of my favorite boys…my husband and my brother…riding to our next destination.

335

Yes I was snapping pictures in the car…I was bored because these two were trying to catch up on sleep so I had no one to talk to!

336

Wow, safety first, Mother of the year over here, I’m totally telling on myself with this picture.  Okay moving on…

Our next stop was to Carter’s Birthday party!  Of course I didn’t get any pictures of the Birthday boy, but the kids always have fun playing over there!

342

345

We had so much fun partying it up all weekend, but then it was back to the serious stuff on Monday!

Monday afternoon we headed to Richmond for Ryder’s routine kidney check-up.  They took a sonogram of his bladder before and after going potty, they showed me on the pictures how thick and muscular his bladder wall is…this is a residual affect from his blockage prior to birth.  The sonogram of his kidneys came back great as he didn’t see any dilation at all!  So basically his kidney’s are healing perfectly and his bladder issue is something he will live with and learn to control.  He is going to have the ability to hold his pee for a long time and then not really feel the sensation of completely emptying.  Right now he tells me pretty frequently that he has to go, so it’s like he only lets enough out to where he doesn’t feel it anymore, so it fills up a lot sooner and he has to go again.  His kidney doctor was happy to hear that and said it’s better for him to go a little bit a lot than to hold it for a long time because that will give his kidney’s a chance to resort back to what they know and start to reflux again.  He said we’re at a crossroads right now, everything looks so great and could be on a great path to no issues from here on out, but we have to pay close attention for any unexplained fevers or bad smelling urine because now that Ryder has a choice on whether he’s going to go or hold it…it could mean trouble.  He said “I see he has some contrary in him, so let’s hope he doesn’t start to purposely hold his pee and not go”…haha yeah I’d say he has some contrary in him!

What’s today, Tuesday?  Losing track here.  Today Ryder had 2 back-to-back therapy appointments scheduled, OT and then PT.  Just as I was getting ready to leave work to go get him I got a call from Nana that Ryder’s cast had fallen off!!  I called Miss Abby and she rearranged her schedule so that she could put a new one on immediately.  This led to the “Day 1 of casting” emotions all over again, so it has been an interesting evening.  I know he’ll wake up tomorrow in good spirits though and we’ll just keep on moving…

There’s never a dull moment! 

1 comment:

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Thanks again for coming to Carter's party! & thanks for the gifts.... he LOVES his airplane sprinkler, shirt and mask! You spoiled him :)

& I hope your day yesterday with Ryder's cast wasn't too stressful! Never a dull moment, huh?! Lol.