Sunday, July 24, 2011

1 Month Old!!

515

Maisy is one whole month old today!!  Here is what she is up to:

  • Nursing every 2.5-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night.  She surprised Mommy big time by going 6 hours between feedings the other night! 
  • She is sleeping in a bassinet next to my bed and has been a great sleeper for me, only waking up to eat.  I can hear her start moving around and making little noises with her mouth so I feed her then swaddle her back up and lay her back down and she goes back to sleep. 
  • During the day she has started to be awake a lot more.  She likes to walk around with me and be a part of whatever I’m doing.  She likes her swing too and swaps between the swing, the vibrating chair, and the playpen.
  • We are starting to see her try to smile, of course only for Daddy right now!
  • She has outgrown most of her Newborn clothes and is wearing size 0-3 Months now.  She is in Size 1 diapers.
  • She loves bath time, I’ve never seen a newborn baby not scream through their bath!  It makes her so relaxed, but then when it’s over she gets goosebumps and hates that part.
  • Her head is so strong, she is constantly lifting it off my chest or shoulder to look around.
  • I left her for the first time the other day when Mom came over so I could take Ryder to therapy.  Mom said she did great while I was gone.
  • She has a fussy period in the evening between her 5:00 & 8:00 feeding.  But even when she’s fussy, she’s still as cute as can be!

504

Ryder is taking very good care of her.  He is always concerned about where she is at or what she’s doing.  And when he “visits” her, he can’t get close enough.  He keeps inching closer and closer as he talks or sings to her in his high pitch baby voice.  “What you doin’ Maisy??” or “Here comes Ryder Maisy!”  If he’s near her he has to be touching her, even in their carseats he is always leaned over rubbing her leg!

Of course this 1 Month photo shoot could not have been completed without the invasion of Big Brother!

518

525

Love these beautiful babies!

4 comments:

The Steinhauser's said...

AWW I love the pictures of the two of them together! Happy 1 month Maisy :) It was so good seeing you guys yesterday and thanks again SO much for the clothes and diapers!

Nicki said...

Happy 1 month baby girl! Love the pictures of her and Ryder!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe Maisy is a month old already! She is so pretty! And Ryder is as cute as ever. These first few months are so hard... cut yourself some slack... and hang onto the quiet blissful moments! Miss you guys!
Erin

Anonymous said...

AW that last picture is so adorable!!! I can't believe one month has come and gone so quick, geesh!! Happy 1 month Maisy girl XOXOX Lindsay :) my google account is being flicted so I can't post under my account just in case you were wondering lol.