Tuesday, July 26, 2011

1 Month Dr. Appt

Maisy had her 1 month check-up today.  The Doctor said she looks great and is growing just like she should.  She weighed 10 pounds 1 ounce and was 22.5 inches long.  She has started to break out in little bumps all over her face and he said it’s just baby acne and could stick around for 2 months but it’s nothing to be concerned about.  I also told him about her fussy period in the evenings and he said it sounds like she has colic.  I thought maybe it was reflux like Ryder had, but he said since it’s only in the evenings and not all day long that it’s colic.  There’s not much you can do to make it better but he said most babies out grow it by 2 months of age.  She is content all day long but just has a hard time in the evenings, which isn’t always a bad thing since she gets a lot of energy out and then sleeps great through the night, only waking up to eat. 

So overall our girl is doing great!  We have to bring her back at 2 months for her first shots :(

0726011048

She always looks at me like I’m crazy or something!  This was the look I got the whole time we were waiting in the Doctors office.  Silly girl.

4 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Wow 10 lbs, she's going to be a chunker like Maddy :)

Anonymous said...

There's only one thing missing in this picture of that cute little girl, a nice pink bow in her hair.

Nana Sherry

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Well, I know all about Colic if you ever need any advice or have any questions! You know how much Carter cried, lol. Its hard to believe she is already over a month old and now I'm getting ready to meet my girl....gosh how time is flying!

Patty B said...

I can't believe a month has already flown by! I love the face she's giving you in that picture :)