Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Perfect Dinner

I’ve got to give a shout out to my girl Liz for passing on this recipe to me.  She calls it Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie, but I’m calling it…The Perfect Dinner!  It’s easy and the whole family loves it.  I didn’t want to keep this gem all to myself, so here goes:

1 rotisserie chicken shredded

1 can of Alfredo sauce

1/2 bag frozen veggies (thawed)

1/2 cup milk

1 11oz can Pillsbury breadsticks

2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

1 tsp Italian seasoning

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan and heat until just boiling.  Pour mixture into glass baking dish.  Twist breadsticks and place on top of mixture (I used croissants).  Sprinkle cheese and seasoning on top of breadsticks.  Bake at 375 degrees about 25 minutes or until bread is done. 

14 Months 076

Voila!  The Perfect Dinner! (It was WAY prettier when Liz made it for us in NC, I think I put the bread in the pan the wrong way…still tasted beautiful though!).  This little man tore it up:

14 Months 086 And for dessert…a nice big bowl of…Ice Chips!  Anyone need the recipe for those?  It’s Ryder’s newest obsession.  Gotta love his little quirks!

14 Months 08714 Months 089

5 comments:

Nicki said...

MMM, that was a yummy dinner! She sent you the recipe and not me! ;) Guess she knows I'm not the queen of my own kitchen, haha.

Emily W said...

Lol- ice chips! hes so cute! I have made that dinner since then too, very yummy!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I am printing it off now. I love to add something new to the total of 4 things I know how to make. THANKS LIZ!!

Liz said...

Aww, I am so glad you liked it! You did a great job making it :)

The Vathes Family said...

that looks delicious!!! thanks for sharing =)