Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Newest Family Member

Alan’s Uncle Danny & his girlfriend Bianca had their baby Wednesday, so we were so excited to go to the hospital last night and meet our new cousin!  Ryder was more excited about having all the family crammed into one hospital room than he was about the baby…but me, on the other hand, I was excited about the baby!  He’s so sweet and quiet and content!  I can’t wait to love on him every Sunday at Grandma’s…that is until him & Ryder are big enough to start wrestling around and chasing eachother and getting in trouble.  The sad part is, that reality isn’t going to be long from now :(

Welcome to the world baby Samuel!

14 Months 171  14 Months 168

14 Months 169 14 Months 170

14 Months 167

We all went down the cafeteria to have some dinner while we were there, and I was letting Ryder crawl all over the nasty floor, thinking nothing of it.  I was laughing at him because he kept laying on the floor saying “night-night”.  Now that I’m looking through these pictures I’m asking myself “what happened to the germophobe hypochondriac Mom you were when Ryder was a newborn?!”  Okay well maybe I still have some of that in me…but for some reason my guard was down and this nasty floor, in a HOSPITAL, did not gross me out lastnight…strange!

14 Months 173 Night-Night!

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Funny how we change our tunes when our kids aren't so tiny and living in our make believe bubbles. :) Love seeing new born baby pics....you know how they melt me ;)

Emily W said...

He is a very cute baby boy! How exciting, we are welcoming our nephew into the world very soon, tonight or tomorrow, California time!

The Steinhauser Family said...

Haha, isnt it weird how we can be so liberal some days and others we are uptight, paranoid, freaks?! LOL!! OH, I LOVE your hair, by the way!! I can really see the difference in these pictures! Looks really good :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Speaking of Nicki being ready for another... You and Alan look ready too. ; )

Diana said...

You and Alan look pretty comfortable holding that baby... soooo maybeee you should get the trying for another ;)

Jamie Claudia said...

OH my goodness, Samuel is so ADORABLE.. I can't wait to see him in person <3 Looks like my baby is the next to introduce to the family :) Can't wait!!! THEN... you're next my dear. Love youuuuu