Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Take That Back!!

It’s crazy to me how fast things can change with a baby.  It seems like as soon as something starts to be regular, I open my big mouth and comment on it, and then so quickly I’m taking back my words.  When I say “Ryder is sleeping SO good now” then that night he will wake up in the middle of the night.  When I said “Ryder is eating SO good now” he learned how to blow bubbles when I put the spoon in his mouth.  So someone please tell me why the words “we are so lucky, he hardly ever cries” came out of my mouth?!  I set myself up for this one.  Which brings me to Ryder’s newest phase he’s going through…the mini meltdown.  Now that he is so alert, he’s figuring things out, and is stuck to his routine, and when things are not part of the routine, he has decided that he doesn’t like it.  Which causes this:

IMG_0308 IMG_0391Which means, me or Daddy have to take him to a quiet place and calm him down:

IMG_0312 IMG_0304This is what we have been dealing with this weekend.  He’s just so used to it being quiet, and being around familiar faces, so he just wasn’t feeling the party scene.  All the noise, and so many different people wanting to talk to him and hold him, he didn’t handle it very well.  I read an article about it and they referred to it as “stranger anxiety”, they called it a baby’s first emotional milestone that they hit right about 5 months…right on target!  Hopefully he gets through this phase soon, but in the meantime, if my child sticks his lip out at you, please don’t take it personal!  And also, we need your prayers, I actually let this slip out of my BIG mouth “I’m amazed that Ryder has never gotten sick”….please don’t make me eat my words on this one! 

So, we went to Alyssa’s Birthday party on Saturday, and minus the mini meltdowns, we had a good time!

IMG_0309

Standing up with Aunt Dee

IMG_0289 Having conversations with Lindsay (she’s a natural…wink, wink)

IMG_0297

 Watching Carter eat every last drop of his ice cream cake

IMG_0306 Hanging out with Mommy

IMG_0307 

Dipping his feet in the pool with Daddy!IMG_0352

And here’s the Birthday girl in action. Happy 3rd birthday Alyssa!

No comments: