Monday, August 17, 2009

The Day That Changed My Life Forever

It was a Monday, the date was August 18th, 2008, this was the first time that the words “I’m Pregnant!” came out of my mouth.  First to Alan who was sitting on the kitchen counter patiently anxiously awaiting the results.  We both busted out laughing, not exactly sure what to think, or what emotions people are supposed to have – but that is how we reacted, laughing and hugging.  I picked up the phone and called my Mom who was shocked and SUPER excited!  He called his Dad saying “umm, I think Brandy might be pregnant, she took a pregnancy test and it’s positive” to which his Dad responds “if she took a pregnancy test, and it is positive, then she IS pregnant” and he was right.  There was no maybe about it, I definitely WAS pregnant.  He passed the phone to Cindy so that I could share the news with her. 

I had no clue on that day how much my life would change, from that very moment forward.  It wasn’t all about ME anymore, or all about Alan, suddenly there was this other life, one that we were in charge of, never again would a decision be made without first thinking of the “baby”.  My favorite quote that I read while I was pregnant that rang so true for me was:

~A Mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside, when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.~ 

Here is my pregnancy in pictures:

14 Weeks15 WeeksChristmas23weeks   24 Weeks2 25 Weeks 30weeks img024

At my baby shower, above with my bridesmaids (minus 1)

The date stamp on the one below cracks me up.  They threw my baby shower March 1st so that I would have almost a complete 2 months to get ready for the baby – who knew 2 months would turn into 2 weeks!

img025 

And here is how baby Ryder progressed:

Sono1Baby20weeks2baby21weeks Sono30Weeks  

Fun Facts:

  • 1st Doctor Appt 8/22/08
  • First sonogram 9/8/08
  • First time hearing baby’s heartbeat10/8/08
  • Felt First Kick during Week 17
  • Found out we were having a boy 12/1/08
  • Glucose Screening Test 1/27/09 (I failed!)
  • Sonogram during Week 30 revealed Kidney Swelling
  • Baby Shower March 1st (we also got a foot of snow this day!)
  • 3/19/09 Dr. sent us straight for Emergency C-Section
  • Ryder born at 2:26 pm weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces – 18.5 inches long.

I can’t say that I loved everything about being pregnant, I complained about all my little aches and pains, I did not enjoy pricking my finger 4 times a day to check blood levels, or needing Alan’s help getting my boots off because I just couldn’t reach, or the frequent nightly trips to the bathroom.  But the end result made it all so worth it.  I said it 5 minutes after he was born and I’ll say it again now – I would do it all over in a heartbeat!  Stay tuned…..not any time soon….but one day :)

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Aw, I love to look back and remember those special days too. It's the most exciting day of your life seeing those two pink lines :)

The Steinhauser Family said...

awww this is the sweetest post ever :*) I love all your pregnant pix & his little sonogram ones too! it's amazing how fast things happen! Hes about to be 5 months old!!! crazy!!!

Jamie Claudia said...

Out of all the blogs in blog-land that I keep up with on a regular basis, Ryder's is my favorite, you do such a great job with your posts, I feel like I'm right there with you watching it all myself even though I'm far away. I really enjoy reading and seeing all the pictures :) Love you guys <3

Liz said...

That is so sweet. :)

Mandi said...

I love this post!! Such a great idea :) I look back at my pregnancy all the time!! I miss carrying her with me all the time - but love that I have her to look at now, too :)