Thursday, July 30, 2009

Push-ups & Oatmeal

These are Ryder’s two new things.  He can finally use his arms to push his chest up and is doing a great job of holding his head sturdy.  Once he gets his head and chest up he starts kicking his legs and doing all kinds of crazy movements.  I wish my camera wasn’t broken so that I could put a video up, the pictures just don’t do this action any justice!  But, they’re still fun to look at :)

Ryder 027Ryder 032Ryder 026 Ryder 029Ryder 023

Also, a quick feeding update…we like oatmeal!!  He gets rice in his bottles, so I decided that he might be more interested in eating from a spoon if it was a different taste.  Sure enough, I gave him oatmeal and he actually swallowed a couple bites instead of just spitting it out.  Every time it hits the back of his throat he gags, then swallows.  Hopefully he’ll get the hang of it soon.  I wish you could see me & Alan trying to show him how to chew and swallow, now THAT is entertaining!

No comments: