Friday, July 24, 2009

Feeding: The First Attempt

Ummm, what is this all about??
I don't know guys, that's kind of weird!
Why do you keep pushing that thing toward my face?

Those noises you're making are funny Daddy!

I wish I would've taken a picture of the next scene, the caption would've been "Just give me my bottle you crazy people!!!" Note to self: Next time don't try to feed him from a spoon when he's starving for a bottle! I got home from work and decided that yesterday would be a good day to make this first attempt at feeding him cereal. First, I had to put together his highchair. This required taking out all the pieces, reading the instructions, yelling for Alan to come put it together, then directing him the whole time (I'm so bad about this. I ask him to do something but then stand there and tell him exactly how to do it. Ha, sorry babe!) We finally got it put together, shewww. Next I had to figure out a good mixture and make the cereal. Oh, before that, Nana stopped by to drop off some outfits that "jumped in her cart" while she was shopping. So anyway, by the time we sat him down to eat, it was already 15 minutes past the time for his bottle. Maybe if the poor boy wasn't starving we would've been more successful. He didn't swallow any of the cereal, he just spit it right back out onto his bib. After two spoonfuls of unsuccessful cereal feeding, we took him out of the chair and fed him the bottle. Practice makes perfect...we'll get there...eventually!
Relaxing in his chair after a stressful evening - Who knew it could be such hard work to eat?!

No comments: