Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sleeping Through the Night?

Not yet! I wish! The night before my first day back at work, Ryder surprised me and skipped his midnight feeding. When he woke up and the clock said 3:00 am, I was shocked! He picked the perfect night to decide to go a few extra hours without eating, Mommy was very happy about that long stretch of sleep. It has been about 13 nights since then and 11 of those he has done the same thing, bottle around 9 or 10 then sleep until 3. That schedule is nice because I have to wake Alan up at 3 anyway, so I feed Ryder, we go back to sleep for a few hours, then I wake back up at 5:30 to get ready for work, feed him again at 6, then we're out the door by 6:30. I love that I get to feed him two bottles in the morning, it's nice to spend a little QT with him before we have to rush out the door, but whenever he decides to skip the 3am feeding I won't be too upset to get the extra sleep.
Last night was one of the two nights that he went off schedule and decided to be up and hungry about every hour. As I sit here drinking my 3rd cup of coffee, still yawning, I'm hoping he's just going through a growth spurt and that we'll be back on our schedule in no time! Please God, have mercy on me, it's only Tuesday!

The shirt says it all, if I would just rock him all night long, he would sleep great!!!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

It's SO great once they start sleeping through the night, but you'll miss those late night/early morning feedings! Since Mikayla goes to bed around 7, sometimes I find myself going in to pick her up and hold her for just a second before I go to bed. Nothing feels better than snuggling with your baby! :)