Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back to Work!

Today was my first day back to work...it was rough but I made it through! Yaya took off work so that she could come watch him today & tomorrow to help me transition a little easier. That worked out great because it was hard enough getting myself up and ready this morning, I'm glad I didn't have to get him packed and ready to go too. I got choked up on the way to work, but once I got there everyone cheered me up. They decorated my desk with balloons, streamers, confetti, and a big box of tissues! Oh and of course, a pile of work because they didn't want me to get bored! How thoughtful ;-) I can see it's going to take a while to get my brain to start functioning again...I've been stuck in baby mode for 12 weeks now. I was so excited to go home and visit with Ryder during my lunch break, then it was back to work to finish the day. I had a meeting with my boss in the afternoon and ended up getting a promotion and a raise! Needless to say my first day back at work was bitter sweet. I hated leaving Ryder but then I got great career news...it brought me back to reality that I'm where I need to be to help support my family and make a better life for Ryder. Of course, the day was documented with pictures:

Saying goodbye in the morning...so sad!

My desk at work...all decorated!

Visiting Ryder during lunch!

Yaya spending the day with Ryder!

No comments: