Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Meet the Marsh's

I probably should've started the whole blog with this post, but I was way too excited and wanted to start posting pictures of Ryder right away. So let me back track and introduce you to my Royal Family.

The King of our Castle

Alan is a laid back, easy going guy who is into anything that is manly! He likes to hunt, ride his Harley, watch UFC, lift weights, go 4-wheeling...pretty much all the things that guys love. He does have a soft spot though and it lies with his family. He takes pride in being a Marsh and would never do anything to jeopardize that name. I love and appreciate him for being my support system, for being our protector, and for being a wonderful Daddy.
The Queen B

That's me :) I'm pretty much the exact opposite of Alan: he's quiet - I'm loud, he's laid back - I'm outgoing, he's calm - i'm high strung...somehow this is the perfect balance and we make it work. I'm not big on going out, I'd much rather be at home and have family or friends over to hang out. I'm a reality tv addict - I guess the lack of drama in my life leaves plenty of room for me to enjoy watching it in others! I'm a strong-minded, passionate person...my newest obsession being my son (as if you couldn't tell). I strive to be the best Mommy & Wife that I can be.

Our Little Princess

Beasley is our 4 year old Amstaff. We got her the day after Alan's mom (whose nickname was Beasley) passed away. She was only 3 pounds and had to be fed from a bottle. She required all of our attention, which really helped get us through the worst time of our lives. Her and Alan have an unbreakable bond and she is the definition of a Daddy's girl! She now weighs 90 pounds, but still finds it acceptable to jump into Daddy's recliner and sit on his lap. She is full of energy, full of spirit, full of life....and probably full of sticks & strings & plastic because she eats everything in sight. She is capable of driving us crazy, but we love her, she was our first "child" and will have a place in our hearts forever!

Our Sweet Prince

Bentley aka Bubba is our 1.5 year old American Bulldog/Amstaff. You guessed it...he's a Momma's Boy! Alan bought him for me as a Christmas present and his baby blue eyes stole my heart. He's the complete opposite of Beasley (sound familiar?) and would be happy & content just laying on the couch, snuggling all day. He's 100 pounds of love & awkwardness. We should've named him Stewart because if he could talk this is what we think he would say "Look What I Can Do!" Although he's bigger, stronger, and faster than Beasley, he will not cross her or do anything to make her mad. He has a submissive, sweet temperament mixed with a little bit of mischief, hard-headedness and charm...the typical Marsh man!

My Knight in Shining Armor

Welcome to the family baby boy! Ryder just joined this Marsh crew but somehow I don't think any of us remember life before him. He came into our world, stirred it all up, and took his stand right at the center of our lives. When he cries, the 4 of us as a family, go running to see what he needs. When it is bath time, the 4 of us pile in the bathroom so that no one is left out of this huge event. And when he's sleeping, we all periodically go check on him to make sure he's still breathing! He's a great baby, very calm and content. He's growing and learning new things every day. I'm so glad that God picked us to be his family...I think we're perfect for eachother!

3 comments:

The Steinhauser Family said...

Awesome job on this B ;) it is SO adorable! I love you Marsh's, haha!

Nicki said...

Cute idea! I know, we all start these blogs and automatically go right into the babies! :) It's nice to get to know who is behind these posts :)

The Baldwin Family said...

Beautiful fam! I should probably do the same on my blog... good idea!