Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

If there's one thing that I've learned about the Marsh men, it's that the apples really don't fall far from the trees! From looks to personality to demeanor...even down to thoughts and simple movements, they just have so much in common. Alan and his Dad have a great relationship, and I'm positive that will follow suit with Ryder. If I had to guess some of the best life lessons that Alan learned from his Dad over the years they would be: Nothing in life is free, you work for the things you want/need. You must have respect to get respect. You can always find a little bit of humor in any situation. And best of all, sometimes the worst punishment comes from the simple statement "Just wait until your Father gets home!" Again, I expect all of this to be passed on to Ryder. Thank you Poppy for being such a great Father to Alan and Grandfather to Ryder! Poppy has been given the nickname "Swipe" by his friends, they seem to think that anything Ryder wants can be given to him with just a swipe of Poppy's credit card (there has even been talk of how much Ryder needs a Harley Davidson "TOYSTER"...the boy can't even walk yet!) I look forward to all the fun things Poppy, Alan, and Ryder will get themselves into in the coming years.


Happy VERY FIRST Father's Day Alan! Thank you for giving me a beautiful son (if I didn't give birth to him, you would think I didn't have much to do with it at all!) We love you so much. One day Ryder will read this post and realize how lucky he is to have such great men in his life!
Some of my favorite pictures of Alan with Ryder:
Evidence of how many diapers we changed the first week!!

1 comment:

The Baldwin Family said...

Oh goodness... why did you have to put the diaper picture in there? I'm hyperventilating over here! Very nice post, Ryder really will appreciate this and his wonderful daddy one day.