Monday, January 28, 2013

Whirlwind

What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been!  A stomach bug came through our house and knocked me and Alan down for a few days!  That was absolutely miserable.  We each quarantined ourselves to the bedroom and had to call an Emergency pick-up from Nana, trying our best to keep the kids away from the nasty germs.  We lucked out and neither of them caught it, from US.  But 2 weeks later Ryder caught it anyway, probably from school.  So now Maisy is the only lucky one, hopefully it stays that way!

Photo 18 (2) 

Photo 3 (2)                 

In the midst of all that, we celebrated my Aunt Annie’s 50th Birthday and we also had a fun lunch to celebrate Lindsay & Baby Noah.  Nick & Lindsay’s newest addition is coming in March and we are all anxiously awaiting his arrival.  Seeing all that baby stuff instantly gives me butterflies, thinking about my own babies fitting into those tiny clothes.  No, don’t get any ideas, we are not planning any new Marsh’s any time in the near future.  We have our hands more than full right now!

Lindsaysshower

Photo 21 (2) 

I love watching them eat cake, they both go into a cake daze!  There aren’t many things that they actually sit down and focus on these days…but cake, they will surely sit still for that!

Photo 20 (2)

We also celebrated my 29th Birthday!!  I am now hanging onto my 20’s by a thread!  My Mother of course showered me with a Birthday week that started off with a shopping trip and continued throughout the week with meals and little surprises! It ended with a family dinner at her house. 

 Photo 17 (2)

My sister in law made me this fabulous cake!  YUMMM!!

Photo 11 (2)

Alan has always thought this whole “Birthday week” thing is a little ridiculous but we’re starting to rub off on him.  He sent flowers to my work one day, took me shopping one day, and dinner a different day!  This is my 12th Birthday I’ve got to celebrate with him by my side!  Love that guy.

Photo 7 (2) 

Photo 9 (2) 

Photo 5 (2)

We got our first snow of the Winter (Maisy’s first ever!) and the kids loved our little adventure in the front yard.   We had just enough snow to get a day off work & school, make snow angels, eat snow cones, and get back inside to warm up with hot chocolate!

Photo 12 (2) 

Photo 14 (2) 

We all worked together and built an igloo with as much snow as we could gather!  Ryder is learning about the letter I in school so I got to go visit him the other day at school and we built Igloo’s out of icing & sugar cubes :)

Photo 16 (2)

Photo 23 (2)

Does anyone remember when we got so much snow that Daddy & Uncle G built THIS igloo?!

igloo2

igloo1 

igloo3

I’m trying to get THAT much snow again! 

Maisy turned 19 Months Old and Ryder got his very first REPORT CARD!  Those both deserve posts of their own though, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your title "whirlwind," everything feels like a whirlwind to me these days! Your Birthday week looked amazing and so much fun as it should be for your last year in the 20s! Where has it gone? Luckily we have our wonderful families to be thankful for and put it all in perspective. Maisy looks so cute all bundled for the snow and Ryder is just getting too big. I wish we could see you all again soon.