Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Take 1 & Take 2

We celebrated Easter with Alan’s side of the family on Saturday evening and Ryder was so excited to do his very first Easter Egg Hunt! 

290 293

 299 312

320

He found all the eggs and went right inside to check out all his goodies!  How cute is this Easter Basket that Re-Re ordered for him?!  It definitely came in handy for the Easter Egg Hunts, and Ryder was so good about holding it with Lefty and picking up his eggs and putting them in the basket with Righty. 

307 

Ryder got another Easter basket this morning when he woke up…from the Easter Bunny!  We told him that the Easter Bunny knocked on our door and asked us to give it to him.  I felt so bad lying, but it was really cute to see how excited Ryder got.  Having 2 older brothers left no room for make believe in my house growing up, so some of this stuff is a learning process for me!

322 326 

We went to Church and stopped by Memew’s but couldn’t stay long.  The only picture I got there was with Amanda who is due to have Baby Peyton in 4 weeks! 

330

Then it was off to celebrate Easter with my family…which meant another Easter Egg Hunt!

337 341

My handsome long-haired boy :)

 351349 

334

And his big pregnant Momma :)

 343

What a fun Easter we had this year!  The most important part is that we have a real reason to celebrate, aside from the bunnies and the eggs and the baskets and ALL.THE.CANDY!  I thought I’d share the words to this song by Casting Crowns called Glorious Day.  I think it’s such a beautiful explanation of what exactly Jesus has done for us and a great reminder of why we get to celebrate this Glorious Day :)

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
From rising again


One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
My Savior, Jesus, is mine

7 comments:

Emily W said...

I love the words to that song. It is so powerful it gets me every time! I am so glad you all had a great Ressurection Day! Glad Ryder had so much fun!

Nicki said...

Looks like a great Easter!! And we sang that song at church yesterday too, love it!

The Steinhauser Family said...

So glad you guys had a good Easter! I Love your dress & Ryder looks so handsome in his button up shirt =)

Mandi said...

I have that song posted on my blog! lol - glad you guys had a great Easter!! You look so pretty & Ryder was handsome in his little collared shirt ;)

Diana said...

Happy Easter :)

The Baldwin Family said...

Looks like an awesome Easter! And I love your dress! Also, please tell Alan thanks for getting "don't you forget to go pee" stuck in my head for the past few days.

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

You look great Brandy.

We sang that song at church on Sunday. :)