Friday, April 22, 2011

30 Weeks!

It feels so good to be in the 30’s!  I knew I was getting close to the end, but finally reaching that 30 week mark brings confirmation that this ride is almost over!  Here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Weighs about three pounds and is 17 inches long. Since most full-term babies are between 20 and 22 inches long at 40 weeks’ gestation, your baby will pack on more pounds than inches in the 10 weeks or so.
  • Is starting to get a little crowded in there, but still has room to wiggle and roll and punch and kick.
  • Despite all the movement, it’s still damn near impossible to tell what position your baby is in for sure (head down, breech, transverse, etc.), but it’s also still too early to be worrying about it. MOST babies settle into a head-down position around 36 weeks, and some still manage to flip themselves around after that.

You:

  • May feel like you’re gestating a pissed-off housecat rather than a chubby wittle baby at this point, with some movement and kicks causing ACTUAL PHYSICAL PAIN. Some women experience kicks so sharp and unnerving they mistake them for uterine contractions, even if they’ve already been through pregnancy and labor and should really know better.
  • Some of these women may even write pregnancy guides on the Internet.

Luckily I haven’t had many painful kicks from Maisy, but wow have I been getting a lot of them!  Pretty much anyone that has wanted to feel her move has been able to because she is just constantly rolling around and kicking or punching or hiccupping or shaking or whatever else she does in there. 

When I was pregnant with Ryder I had this horrible pain in the lowest rib on the right side of my rib cage…and it has returned!  It seems like once the baby starts taking up so much room there is none left for all of my organs so all my insides get shoved up into my ribcage which is just painful!  On a less painful note though, my back is feeling 100 times better!!  I still have a very faint pain going down my leg and the only numbness left in my foot is in my middle toe.  So weird…but much better than what it was, so I’ll take it!

Here we are at 30 weeks, the first one is Me with Maisy and the second is Me with Ryder – still carrying the same! (Don’t be surprised if next week you see a tattoo across my forehead that says “YES I’M SURE IT’S ONLY ONE!”)

 30 Weeks (5) 30weeks

6 comments:

Diana said...

Maybe with all that rolling around in there, Maisy is going to be a cheerleader?! That's what I'm pushing for ;) I remember that pain that you had when you were pregnant with Ryder. I hope it gets better soon! I still thin you look fabulous at 30 weeks! You're sooooo close!!!!

Nicki said...

30 never felt so good, did it?! :) You look great and I can't wait for these next 9 weeks to go by so we can see that sweet little girl!!

The Steinhauser Family said...

Yay, finally in the 30's!!!! Its crazy to think how soon she will be here! :) Hang in there, your almost through!

The Vathes Family said...

I remember getting that sense of relief when I hit the 30's ... happy 30 weeks B, you look great!!

Emily W said...

People are so annoying when they think you are having twins! You look amazing!

The Baldwin Family said...

I hope the next nine weeks is pain free! You look so good!