Friday, April 8, 2011

28 Weeks!

Another week has come and gone, here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Continues to get a longer and fatter by the day. Shocking, I know. His or her weight has actually doubled in the past month alone, which is why you’ve probably gotten comments about “popping” recently.
  • Weight is around 2.5 pounds right now, which (if you’re like me, gazing in horror and your inside-out belly button and spidery stretch marks) might sound a little frightening, since the baby clearly needs to gain a LOT MORE WEIGHT before he or she is fully cooked, and oh my God, how in the world is anything bigger going to fit in there?

You:

  • Are either feeling like this pregnancy will NEVER end, or that 12 more weeks is simply not nearly enough time to prepare. Or you might feel both ways, changing your mind one minute to the next.
  • Must move furniture and fold clothes and organize the linen closet and replace the bathroom vanity and finally get rid of that sooty stain on the marble fireplace and yes, DARLING, these are all essential tasks that MUST be completed before the baby gets here, DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME, NOW GO HANG UP SOME SHELVES.

We definitely need to get moving on getting Maisy’s room together, we just need a few free weekends that I don’t see in our near future!  The good news is that I’ve ordered every single thing for her room, so as soon as we can replace the carpet and paint, the rest will all come together easily.  I can’t believe that we are so close to her arrival, as fast as these weeks come and go, I know that the next 11 weeks are going to fly by!

My sciatic nerve pain seems to be getting better.  The pain isn’t in my back anymore, the worst is in my leg and my foot is still a little numb.  I got a massage last weekend that was SO wonderful and definitely provided some relief.  If only I could afford to get one of those weekly!

Maisy is SO active, I feel her move all throughout the day and she likes to wake up around 4am and start dancing in there.  She moves every part of her body at once, so that’s the only thing I can figure she’s doing in there.  She loves story time with Ryder too, every time we lay down to read a book she starts going crazy.  Can’t wait until I can lay with both my babies and read to them :)

Here we are at 28 weeks (gotta love the mirrors at therapy!):

28 Weeks (1)

3 comments:

Emily W said...

You are so darn cute! Glad you got to get a relaxing massage and whenever you get her room done I look forward to seeing it!

The Vathes Family said...

I can't wait to see Maisy's room put together! I had a foot massage in the mall when I was pregnant and that alone felt great so I'm sure a massage all over felt even better! Glad it came with some relief too!!

Nicki said...

You look great, and I agree...let's find ways to get weekly massages through the rest of our pregnancies, haha. Sounds wonderful to me!