Thursday, January 20, 2011

This Should Explain It...

The funniest thing about finding out that I’m having a girl, is people’s reactions when they find out that I really am not into the pink, or lace, or ruffles, or all things girlie! Immediately people are like “oh yay, you get to dress her up and put bows in her hair” but my face must let on that that’s really not the part I’m looking forward to (nor really in my Mommy-to-a-girl plans!). I’m really not trying to take anything away from her, but I just don’t know if I have it in me to know how to make her girlie.


This should explain it…


That’s the little girl I was…one with messy hair who refused to wear a shirt because my older brothers didn’t have to! I never wore dresses or sparkly sunglasses or hair bows, my poor Mother was so excited to finally have a little girl to do all of those things with, but soon realized it just wasn’t me. But I was a happy little girl, and that’s all that I can hope for our newest addition as well.
 

I can’t help but look at these pictures and wonder if she’ll be a chunky little thing like I was with dark curly hair, or if she’ll get Alan’s genes and be tiny like Ryder with straight blonde hair.

My heart gets all soft and mushy when I think about having a little girl, so this could all change! She might get here and I might feel inclined to go buy her a pink tutu…but if that doesn’t happen I just wanted to put it out there now, as to not disappoint! Hey, she might even decide herself that she wants to be a Miss Priss and then we’ll just have to adapt to that. Even I finally turned a corner and started dance and cheerleading and left the tomboy behind!


Whatever her personality ends up being, all I know for sure is that she will be surrounded by love (just maybe not by pink!)

8 comments:

Nicki said...

This is so funny... And now that I've seen your baby pics I have to say,Ryder looks like his momma! And don't you worry , the pink will slowly win you over. :)

Mandi said...

LOL Your baby pictures remind me of Bailey - :) There's nothing wrong wih a 'tom boy' :) But you'll get the itch to put her in tutu regardless, I'm sure....just because you can! ha :)

Diana said...

Look at those chubby LEGS!!! I love it, I hope baby girl has those too!! There ain't nothing wrong with a tom boy like Mandi said! And Ryder looks A LOT like you when you were a baby, too :)

The Vathes Family said...

I totally agree with Nicki and Diana - seeing your baby pics, I now think Ryder resembles you A LOT lol those pictures also remind me of Madalynn and her chubby little self haha. Regardless if this new little girl is in gap sweats and not pink tutus, she's still going to be perfectly adorable Brandy!!! =)

The Steinhauser Family said...

LOL, you were such a cute little girl :) And, I agree with everyone else - Ryder does look alot like you too!!! I think this baby is going to be precious regardless if she's in a dress or shorts and no shirt like you!

The Baldwin Family said...

You were so cute! You'll find a happy medium between tomboy and looking like a bottle of pepto threw up on her :)

Princess Alexa's Mommy said...

Ohhhhh send her over my way - she'll be decked out in a pink tutu and a HUGE bow!!!!!

Deanna Preston said...

I hope it's still alright if I get her pink stuff?