Tuesday, January 11, 2011

If You Shake It More Than Twice…

***warning: this post is a little more information than I would normally share…but I can’t resist***

Back when I was in my 3rd month of pregnancy with Ryder, I was sitting at the table filling out my Pregnancy Journal, and it asked me to write a message to my baby.  Of course, I thought long and hard and spoke from the heart “I love you already”.  Short and sweet, but summed up all of my thoughts about this unborn baby.  Then it asked for Dads message, so I yelled into the living room “Baby, if you could tell our baby anything right now, what would you say?”  He didn’t have to think long or hard before responding “If you shake it more than twice you’re playing with it!”  I laughed, and wrote it down.  Typical Alan, being silly.  He didn’t even know for sure if we were having a boy or a girl, but I thought it would be funny for his son/daughter to see this wayyyyy down the road.

261

Little did I know, that wayyyy down the road would end up being our 1 yr old child, running around naked after going potty in the evenings, shouting his Daddy’s words of wisdom “SHAKE IT MORE DAN TWICE, YOU PAYIN WIFF IT!!”

And to make it even better, he refers to “it” has his “MONSTER”!  So anything that comes out of his mouth relating to his man parts is just hysterical.  When he has a shirt on and no pants he’ll look down and say “where’s da monsta???” Then lift his shirt “OH, dere he isss!”  And if he’s telling you the correct way to go potty he’ll say “point, aim, shoot da monsta!!”  After bath he instructs me how to care for it “No lotion on da monsta!” And he always has to add in “Mommy don’t have a monsta!”  Thank goodness.

There’s always something to laugh at around here!

7 comments:

Nicki said...

oh my gosh this had me cracking up laughing! I had to read it out loud to Matteson - I'm sure I'm going to hear the same types of things from Jax!! Ah, little boys!!! :-)

Mandi said...

hahahah!! That's so funny!! I wish I could hear him saying that! LOL

Emily W said...

Oh my gosh...I am rolling laughing at Ryder and his choice of name for his manparts! I think I need to start saying that to Bradley because he plays with it WAY too much and it is playing since its more than twice! BOYS....BOYS....BOYS! I dont think you have found out yet for baby 2, pretty soon I think. I cant wait to know..assuming you are announcing boy or girl!

Diana said...

Can you please video this?? That is absolultely hilarious. Like father, like son.

Caleb's mom said...

Love it! He's too cute.

The Steinhauser Family said...

hahaha that is hilarious that Ryder calls it his Monster!!! Too funny!!!

Theresa said...

Alan sounds a lot like Josh! Too freaking funny!!! Derek refers to his manparts as his "little lizard". He too tells me that Mommy doesn't have a lizard, only daddy!!!! This post was definitely cute and reminds me of a conversation that went on between Josh and me when we were potty training Derek!!!!