Friday, January 21, 2011

17 Weeks!!

This week really flew by since we had so much to look forward to…and then so much to be excited about!  Here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is about five inches long from head to rump, which is the EXACT height of the jar of salsa I am currently quadruple dipping into. Bowls are for suckers.
  • Has begun to develop the all-important adipose tissue — more affectionately known as baby fat.
  • Is hard at working transforming its skeleton from soft cartilage into solid bone. Get this baby a part on Heroes.

You:

  • Possibly feel immensely huge and very pregnant, but your bump probably isn’t as noticeable as you think it is. People may hesitate to comment or miss it completely, like the woman last night who came up and handed me an alcoholic cocktail and seemed genuinely shocked when I politely refused it, despite the fact that I feel like my belly eclipses my shoes at this point.
  • “Normal” weight gain at this point can be anything between five and 13 pounds, although y’all know how I feel about the word “normal.” One book I read this week advised any woman who has gained more than 13 pounds to see a nutritionist and “be more careful”, while my doctor COMPLIMENTED me last Wednesday on not managing to gain a single blessed pound yet. I want to stab the world in the eyeballs with a fork right now, a little bit.

I had an OB appointment the day after the appointment with the Perinatologist.  I got to hear the baby’s heart beat again and it was 156bpm.  They said that everything on the Perinatology report looked good and they wrote me up a slip to go get all of the blood work done to check for that clotting disorder (it’s called Hereditary Thrombophilia).  I lost 2 pounds…which just blows my mind because I feel HUGE!  My stomach has definitely popped this week (as if it wasn’t popped before)…but now I really look pregnant.  I’ve been feeling the baby’s little movements more frequently this week, and I felt a few little nudges that are probably teeny tiny little kicks.  Feeling the baby move is by far my favorite part of pregnancy!  Keep them coming little girl :)

Here we are at 17 weeks (in my new favorite pajama’s that Nicki got me for my Birthday!)

284 (5)

6 comments:

Diana said...

HAPPY 17 WEEKS :)

Liz said...

You look great and Nic did good on the Pj's! ;)

Nicki said...

Happy 17 weeks!! The pj's are super cute...I should have got myself a pair, haha.

Emily W said...

You do look so cute!! you wrote "little girl" when the heck did I miss that! Where am I? haha! Clarify for me your next comment to me! Love ya and so excited for you to be feeling those pitter patters!

The Steinhauser Family said...

Happy 17 Weeks!!!!!! :)

The Baldwin Family said...

You're moving right along Mama! Happy 17 Weeks!