Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Little Caretaker

Apparently, having Baby Nick around has taught Ryder a lot about how to care for a baby!  The other day he brought me Chick and told me “Chick need a get dressed!” so I proceeded to put a t-shirt on Chick.  The next night I heard him and Daddy in the kitchen having this convo:

“Daddy, Elmo needs a bottle!”

“Elmo needs a what??”

“A BOTTTTTTLE”

“ummm, okayyyy”

And the next thing I know Ryder is carrying Elmo, and a bottle filled with water to me.  I set them both on the bed and let Ryder feed his baby!

110

And then he told me “Elmo need to burp!” and sure enough…he put elmo over his shoulder and burped him!

111

Of course, his curiosity got the best of him and he wanted to see what this bottle thing was all about:

109

The next morning when I dropped Ryder off, I told Nana the story about Ryder taking care of his baby Elmo.  She was shocked because she didn’t even realize that he was paying attention to the things she did for Baby Nick during the day.  Next thing you know, Ryder is walking up to Nana with a bear and says “Bear needs a pacifier!!”  Guess he has been paying LOTS of attention to how this baby thing works. 

What a sweet boy, I hope he still has this mentality when his new brother/sister gets here!

7 comments:

The Steinhauser Family said...

I think Ryder's got what it takes to be the best big brother to baby Marsh v2 :)

Nicki said...

Aw, yes I think he's going to be a great big brother too!! Mikayla's been telling me she's going to help change her baby brothers diaper, feed him and teach him how to use the potty. But not share her Grinch, haha... one thing at a time I guess :)

The Vathes Family said...

AWW by the time baby Marsh comes along he'll be a pro knowing how to take care of his little brother or sister!

Diana said...

Somebody is going to be the best biggest brother ever!!!

Kristen L. said...

AWW!! I'm sure he will! He has such a big heart <3

Mandi said...

awe, that is soooo cute!! Such a good big brother already!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

How sweet! He is going to be a good protector.