Friday, December 17, 2010

12 Weeks!!

Yay, I really feel like I’m getting somewhere now!  Here’s what’s going on this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is about two-and-a-half inches long. So still in the lemon/lime range. Comparison reruns! Sorry about that.
  • Already has pretty much every structure, organ and system needed for life by this point. Everything will continue to develop and mature, but your baby really is a perfect little miniature human being.
  • Reproductive organs are distinctly male or female. A 3D ultrasound could possibly make a pretty good guess at the sex now.
  • Can officially be Bugged By You. Reflexes have developed, so if you push on your uterus, your baby will squirm and move in response. You can’t feel it, but it sure is fun to imagine getting flipped off by your fetus.

You:

  • Are you feeling better? I hope you’re feeling better. I keep thinking I’m feeling better and then I’m not. And then I am again! And then I smell whatever it is that you’re eating over there and BLEH.
  • Have a big-a** uterus now — too big to remain all low in your pelvis. It’ll sort of grow and migrate upwards during the second trimester. Pros: you won’t have to pee so much. Cons: your baby will better be able to land many, many karate chops to your internal organs.
  • Are probably in some maternity clothes now, especially if this isn’t your first pregnancy and/or haven’t lost weight due to morning sickness. The whole waist-butt-thigh region is spreading, and it’s best to just go with it and be comfortable.

The part about thinking I’m feeling better, then not, then I am, then I’m not has been so true this week.  I will have days where I feel like…wow, I’ve had energy, haven’t felt nauseous or exhausted, this is nice, then it gets interrupted with some random smell or sight that reminds me that the nausea is lingering…but gone for the most part!  I even managed to cook dinner, get caught up on laundry, AND take a shower, all in one evening this week!  That is HUGE these days!  Usually I have to space things out because I just barely have enough energy to tackle one task at a time. 

I went for my 3 hour glucose test today.  I have an appointment with the Dr. on Wednesday so I should know the results by then.  That test is miserable, I’m SOOO glad its over with! 

My self-portrait of me & Baby Marsh v2 at 12 weeks:

099 (Ignore the love notes on Ryder’s bathroom mirror!)

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Love the bump AND the love notes on the mirror! :) How cute! Glad your test is over...praying for good news on Wednesday!!

Diana said...

Happy 12 weeks :) The love notes are adorable! Hope it all goes well Wednesday!!!

The Steinhauser Family said...

Happy 12 weeks!!!!! I had fun Christmas shopping with you yesterday & eating in the food court :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I love the little notes on the mirror. So cute!

You look GREAT! Such a cute prego belly!