Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Strep Throat

Wow this crept up out of completely nowhere!  Ryder was fine all day yesterday but woke up at 2am burning up!  I gave him Motrin and spent the next 2 hours trying to get him comfortable so that he could go back to sleep.  His temperature was right around 102, it has never been that high so I made an appointment first thing in the morning to take him to the doctor.  Sure enough, he tested positive for strep throat.  He has been so lethargic and has slept most of the day away.  Of course Mommy has been spoon feeding him chicken noodle soup, rocking him to sleep, and catering to his every need.  He’s soaking up all the babying and attention, but hopefully the antibiotic will kick in and he’ll start feeling better soon!

Some cell phone pics of my sleeping baby boy all cuddled up in my arms:

sick2 sick

5 comments:

Nicki said...

I hope he's feeling better soon!! But there is nothing sweeter than a baby snuggled up in their Mommy's arms! ;)

Emily W said...

Still such a sweet face even though hes sick. I hope he feels better very soon!

Mandi said...

Poor thing, but he does look so sweet sleeping like that. I hope he feels better SOON!

Diana said...

Poor guy! I hope he gets better really soon! He's so sweet in those pictures!

Caleb's mom said...

Feel better soon Ryder! Strep's not fun but mommy will make you feel better!