Friday, May 28, 2010

Much Better!

It didn’t take the antibiotic long to kick in and get this boy back to his normal self!  He had his first dose Wednesday night, and by Thursday afternoon he had no more fever, and was completely re-energized.  He made up for lost time by not taking an afternoon nap and terrorizing the house…yup…back to normal!  Today you can’t tell he was ever even sick.  It’s amazing how quickly children can bounce back from things.  It seems like all of the resting he did while he was sick has actually made him stronger.  I’m happy to say that all evening yesterday and all day today Ryder has been crawling up on his hands & knees almost ALL of the time! 

This is so amazing!  I was worried that he would never gain the strength to push up and crawl like this and it’s so important for the development of their bones and joints for them to crawl.  Plus, It is so good for his arm to bear weight like this. So, my baby is all better AND he’s crawling…I’m one happy Mommy :-)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

That's awesome!! Way to go Ryder :)

Emily W said...

Hooray! I love that video! He is doing perfectly it looks like! Bradley is still talking about both of you, even today, he said you both were fun and laughed alot and he loved playing with Ryder!

The Vathes Family said...

So Nick just told me today he had strep OMG I bet you were freaking out =( I am SO happy to hear he's feeling better though!!!!