Sunday, May 23, 2010

Road Trip

Ryder went on his very first road trip this weekend!  We went to NC to visit Emily, Bradley & GavinNC 046We rode down with Nicki & Mikayla who were visiting Liz, Sophia & Chase.  I was a nervous wreck (imagine that) that Ryder would be miserable in the car for 5 hours…but to my surprise, he did exceptionally well!  On the way there he only got fussy one time and it was very brief, and on the way back he slept for 4 out of the 5 hours!  One of these days I will start to give this little guy some credit.  I guess it helps me to always prepare for the worst and then end up being pleasantly surprised.  NC 002

 NC 006NC 003

Anyway, about the trip, we had such a great time!  Emily is a long-time friend of mine, we went to Elementary & Middle school together, and our husbands went to high school together, so there is a lot of history there.  It was fun reminiscing and going through old pictures.  The best part was being able to see how much we’ve grown, and how God has blessed each one of our lives.  It was really neat to see our children bond and play together too!

NC 018 NC 010 

 NC 047NC 015

Saturday we did fun things like go to the park and to the cutest little pottery place to make something for Daddy for Father’s Day (shhh don’t tell him!) and we had lunch at an ice cream parlor.  Then, Saturday night we all went over to Liz’s house to have dinner together, 4 Moms & 6 Kids! 

 NC 022 NC 023

NC 025 NC 020

NC 026NC 029

A split second after this picture was taken, Ryder fell off the couch…OOPS!  Ryder had so much fun playing with all the kids.  He was amazing me with how well he was keeping up, and the fact that he was crawling on his hands & knees probably 40% of the time this weekend…WOW! 

We had a great time!  Thanks to Emily & Liz both for your hospitality.  You guys are both so sweet and have beautiful families, I admire your strength as you hold things together while your husbands are deployed. 

One last thing I must mention, I have a very special place in my heart for a certain red head with dimples:

NC 032 He makes this world a much sillier place, I miss you already Bradley!

3 comments:

Emily W said...

You took great pics! I love the shout out to Bradley at the end. He hasnt stopped talking about you either! Goog thing your at home now though because "You should be in your house!" So embarrrassing but funny. I think I have years of that ahead! Love you!

Liz said...

It was great to have you down here with us. Ryder is such a sweetheart. Come back soon :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Looks like so much fun!!!